Go Down

Topic: Can't compile at all. HELP!!! (Read 234 times) previous topic - next topic

huhehu

Sep 13, 2017, 01:16 pm Last Edit: Sep 13, 2017, 01:23 pm by huhehu
So it's been a while since I fired up my Arduino IDE, and when I tried to compile, it shows the error "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuono" with no other texts. I tried reinstalling the IDE and Java, deleted all temp folders and in the end it's still showing the same error.

I turned on the verbose text and this is what it shows me:
Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Hush\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10804 -build-path C:\Users\Hush\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_453410 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\Hush\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_239312 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\Hush\Documents\Arduino\sketch_sep13a\sketch_sep13a.ino

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I have no idea what they meant at all. Please help, I've tried all I can to no avail. Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it used to work flawlessly about half a year ago. Not sure what changes I've made to my PC that caused this.

ballscrewbob

Turn on VERBOSE in the IDE preferences to get the full error messages.

Thanks for using code tags you dont know how much we appreciate that.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

huhehu

Turn on VERBOSE in the IDE preferences to get the full error messages.

Thanks for using code tags you dont know how much we appreciate that.

That was already the full error with VERBOSE turned on.

ballscrewbob

WOW then you really do have an issue.

So we know its win 7 on the latest IDE with a UNO.

Anything connected to the board ?
Does device manager see it ?
Real UNO or a clone ?
Was that just a compile or an upload ?

Any other info you can provide ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

huhehu

WOW then you really do have an issue.

So we know its win 7 on the latest IDE with a UNO.

Real UNO or a clone ?

Any other info you can provide ?

I've tried to do both, same result.

It even shows up in the COM selection in the IDE.

Real UNO or a clone ?
It's real.

It gives the error during compilation, so it doesn't even attempt to even upload.

It does it with any board I selected. At first I thought it's a library issue, then I decided to try it on a blank sketch (the default you get from just opening a new IDE window). Then I tried to make a deliberate syntax error. The error messages given were all identical.

ballscrewbob

It does sound like an install issue with the IDE.

Have you tried the deletion of the folder "Arduino15"

Myself I might be going for a clean install should that fail.

Some help attached.

huhehu

I just realised there was one thing I haven't tried. I reinstalled the IDE in the D drive and now it works fine.
Still don't know what was the issue though, cause I've deleted the temp folders when I helplessly reinstalled it over and over previously.

Thanks anyway!

Go Up