Arduino Due pinouts photo

The jtag connector at the top of the schematic is a standard 10-pin ARM pinout IIRC.

The 4-pin one at the bottom of the schematics looks to be what's loaded on the board.

If you look near the 4-pin header on the photo you can see provision for the 10-pin 50-mil pitch header. So I'd say you could go both ways, they must have a debugger in mind that uses the 4-pin version but are also allowing for a standard interface.

EDIT: I didn't realise it was so dangerous here, maybe I should emigrate :), mind you the snakes are getting active now we're warming up after winter, I've seen a 4' black snake, 8' python and a baby snake with a black and orange head in the last few days.

Rob

I see in another thread:

cmaglie:
Actually interrupt*() functions are not implemented yet.

Sorry for that guys, but we didn't had the time to implement it on time for launch, this is one of our high priority for the next 1.5.1, that will be released ASAP.

I added a warning about that in the first post in the thread.

The four pin header labeled DEBUG on the pcb is the SWD (serial wire debug protocol) connector.
It uses jtag's TMS and TCK signals in another simpler protocol (only a clock and a data line are needed to communicate serially between the processor and a debugger).

The unpopulated pads are indeed a more complete jtag connector.
I looked up the pinout in the schematic:

RESET TMS TCK GND
x x x x
RESET x x GND
TDI x x
TDO x x GND
TCK x x GND
TMS x x 3V3 (<-- pin1)

cmaglie:
Actually interrupt*() functions are not implemented yet.

Sorry for that guys, but we didn't had the time to implement it on time for launch, this is one of our high priority for the next 1.5.1, that will be released ASAP.

What is cool about the SAM3X is that every pin has the capability of being an interrupt(various different modes, rise edge, falling edge etc). It will be interesting to see how this feature is implemented.

I've written code to do that on an LPC, maybe I'll port it across.

Rob

PeterVH, thanks for the pinout details. I have updated the image in the first post of the thread.

I looked around for SWD breakouts and debuggers, did not find much. I found more i terms of breakouts for the full JTAG header, such as bus blaster which can be used with urJTAG. There is also a SWD library.

Most of the software I came across was pricey; this hitex serial wire viewer gives an idea of what can be done with the SWD interface. goJTAG looks interesting, with free software for Windows and Linux, and free training materials. It seems to use the picoTAP as a hardware connector, but I didn't see this on sale anywhere. However they do provide a schematic so I suppose clones are possible.

It would be nice to see in-circuit debugging integrated into a future version of the Arduino IDE.

there is an post where some have mapped out the pins on the Mega:

Is the spi pins same on the Due? on the pic in the first post, I thought mosi was in pin 51, and ss in pin 53, but could not find the others, so I tried also to use the spi header in the middle of the board, but god knows what pins the SPI library on the Due is using.

In this list:

pin 74-77 seems to be spi related, where are those pin numbers?, is that the ones in the middle?
And also, in that list, pins 50-54 is listed just as digitalpins, if any pins are doing doubleduty, shouldnt that be mentioned here so it's easier to understand?
For me, when I am trying this spi stuff, I'm lead to belive the spi library is using software to do things, not the hardware?

Why didn't Arduino creators create an proper pinlayout for these boards?, even after one extra year of development/betatesting?

You're not alone in asking such questions, see here

Like I said in that thread, takes about 10 minutes to document such things.

Rob

These things are made for beginners?

Yes, you can make an led blink, or use the plain digital/analog pins easily, but, connecting to other modules without using shields should be even so easy.

I'd like somehting like what you did there, or something like this:
(<== How I can refer to the attached picture? )

pinout.png

How I can refer to the attached picture?

AFAIK you have to have the image on the web somewhere and use the URL inside an [ img ] tag. Like this

[img]http://www.robgray.com/temp/pinout.png[/img]

I grabbed it and put it on my site :slight_smile:

Rob

Now if anyone at Arduino.cc would read this..

For now, the Due food for the drawer.

I found the atmega pinout after rummaging through these forums:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,125908.0.html

And it seems the miso and sck at pin 50 and 52 are forgotten, they are printed on the pcb there.

and the atmega's icsp, there are no dot on the pcb to tell its orientation, did anyone find out how it's oriented?

Actually if you look at the broken out pic of the ICSP header you can see a dot, I assume that's on the real PCB. I'm not sure what you mean about pins50 and 52, they are labelled on the photo.

Rob

the one broken out is the new spi, that has the dot, but the icsp for the atmega, the small one, does not have an dot.
And if you look at the picture on the mega, that I refered to, you see that grey marking, where text for two of the spi's are.
Yes, everyone can see number 50 and 52.. but I don't see the text there as I found on the mega picture.

Edit: now I found it, it's broken out under the picture, no not, but the pins are there. That's good.

neslekkim:
I found the atmega pinout after rummaging through these forums:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,125908.0.html

Yes, these would be easier to find if they were sticky.

neslekkim:
and the atmega's icsp, there are no dot on the pcb to tell its orientation, did anyone find out how it's oriented?

There is a dot on the pcb and also a mark on the photo (maybe it should be made more obvious though) and the pinouts are correct for that orientation.

neslekkim:
Yes, everyone can see number 50 and 52.. but I don't see the text there as I found on the mega picture.

Yes, you are right. I remember now tht I didn't like the clarity of the text on the Mega picture (because it is on top of the PCB) and meant to do it in a clearer way for the Due.

Don't forget this fine screw terminal adapter :slight_smile:

$38/kit mailed to US locations. I just ordered more boards. Waiting on delivery of 5 from itead that are already paid for and going to Ireland.

Nantonos:
There is a dot on the pcb and also a mark on the photo (maybe it should be made more obvious though) and the pinouts are correct for that orientation.

Do we have different boards?, I'm not talking about the new spi header besides SAM, I'm talking about the other, new icsp header closer to the power connector.

Regarding the two spi thingys, one around pins 50-53 is that SPI0?, and the spi for samx, what is that?, I could not find out how to use either, and I mixed up when trying, using both.
Now I also see that the GND's around have different meaning, some for analog, some for digital.. are the gnd on the icsp and spi headers also different?

It's difficult labelling all the pins clearly when there are so many and they are both horizontal and vertical. In the case of the Mega/Due it may even need two diagrams to label ALL the pins with all their functions.

Rob

The labeling don't need to be overlayed on the board, your example from earlier, and the one I provided seems to be an better idea.