Go Down

Topic: Wifi TCP/IP over WAN(wired) and cellular-LTE "bridging" (Read 693 times) previous topic - next topic

ericbaril72

Hello Guys,

My Project runs PERFECTLY (upload and download of 100kB-200kB files)

-> DSL    --> Internet -----V
                                          --> WifiHotSpot1 -----V            /   
       SDCard <-> WINC1500 --> WifiHotSpot2 --> Router --+-> Cable -->  Internet --> WebServer
                                          --> WifiHotSpot3 -----^            \   
                                                                                          -> LTE    --> Internet -----^

EXCEPT:
       With the LTE cellular bridge
               Small ~300-500Bytes    http JSON POSTs work OK
               Larger files, the server does not answer

I need to start digging deeper into how the WINC1500 communicates in regards to it's sockets and how it resumes or cancels in the case of faulty/inconsistent internet link.
Looking for a few tips, I don't expect a solution.

• Can connect to multiple WifiRouters from a list in SDCARD.
  • Recovers everytime when any of the "connected-to" WifiRouter drops.
  • Recovers everytime when the Server stops.
  • I download AND upload 100kB-200kB files  to and from the server continuously

I currently have multiple devices that runs 24/7.
  • 200-400 bytes "JSON" POST every 10seconds
  • 100kB-200kB  file Download From Internet server  -->   SD Card every 10 minutes
  • 100kB-200kB  file Upload     From SD Card            -->   Internet Server every 10 minutes

200kB transfers typically last 4-5 seconds (40-50kB/sec transfer rate )
I have timeouts where I cancel transfers when the server or Wifi drops and I re-try later and I manage file-transfer interuptions "in the middle of a file-transfer" ( cancel and restart later )

I know that data gets sent because the WINC1500 accepts new data ( 512 Bytes at a time ).
I know that http header is OK because it works fine when the Internet is plain "wire" betwen the hotspot and our Internet provider.

I even tried having multiple routers in series to increase the "ping" to the internet server.
works fine with wired WAN but long files seemed incomplete

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

ericbaril72

Something I just noticed :
int n = client.write(filedata,datalength);

client.write returns 0 when the link is cellular ...
I tried with 512 and1024bytes writes.

Which both work very well when the internet connection upstream is all wired.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy