Go Down

Topic: dataEsp8266 Change in air data (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

8bitbacon

Hi lets say I send a tcp packet from 1 esp8266 to a laptop how can I have another esp8266 change the packet in midair sent from the first esp to the laptop or make the laptop think the first chip sent it
theres that branded diode 0_o all happy in its housing and stuff

pylon

Hi lets say I send a tcp packet from 1 esp8266 to a laptop how can I have another esp8266 change the packet in midair sent from the first esp to the laptop or make the laptop think the first chip sent it
In general you cannot do that. There may be special circumstances that allow such an interception but as you didn't provide more information I cannot tell you if your case may match one of these.

8bitbacon

What im asking for is as simple as allowing an extra device to throw something into the mid air packet.

What I want to turn it into is, lets say the esp makes an http request, I want the second esp to add something extra into the packet with its own extra key so than the return http response will give data from 2 different url's distinguishable by key so that esp # 2 gets its request and esp # 1 also gets its request

pylon

What im asking for is as simple as allowing an extra device to throw something into the mid air packet.
If you think this is simple, try it. You have to keep the original packet from arriving at the target but you have to get it's content. Then after inserting your stuff into the content you have to be able to send the resulting packet to the target.

What I want to turn it into is, lets say the esp makes an http request, I want the second esp to add something extra into the packet with its own extra key so than the return http response will give data from 2 different url's distinguishable by key so that esp # 2 gets its request and esp # 1 also gets its request
That describes something completely different. In this case you don't intervene the connection from esp#1 but simply read the content of the packet, but let the packet go through to the server unchanged. Then you send a new request to the server with the changed content.

I guess it's best to describe what you want to achieve. What kind of HTTP service are we talking about? Which parts of the HTTP request are you trying to change in the second request?

8bitbacon

How would I read the content with esp#2? Should I use a diode, do you know how to store collected bytecode in an arduino variable?

pylon

How would I read the content with esp#2?
I didn't tell that this is possible with an ESP8266. I don't know that chip well enough to say if it's possible to spoof any traffic on the WiFi.

Should I use a diode, do you know how to store collected bytecode in an arduino variable?
Excuse me but this is completely unrelated and doesn't make sense. Where would you apply that diode? Do you know what a diode is used for?
Storing some bytes in an Arduino variable is very easy, just assign it. But that's not the problem you have. The problem you have it to get to that information first.

Tell us a bit more about your setup. Do you have control over both ESPs? If yes, post the code of ESP#1. Do you have control over the server side? Do you know the protocol/API ESP#1 and the server are using? Do you have a documentation for that protocol/API? If yes, post it.

8bitbacon

the esp doesnt have much software to write it has a built in gui that you type select the wifi, and once its connected you just go open putty and connect to the esp8266 ip and port and start typing data that sends

pylon

the esp doesnt have much software to write it has a built in gui that you type select the wifi, and once its connected you just go open putty and connect to the esp8266 ip and port and start typing data that sends
That doesn't answer my question. What does that ESP do? You wrote it sends some data to a server by HTTP. What kind of data is it? And if it doesn't have self-written software, why does it send that data then?

8bitbacon

If you cant help much than dont reply I wrote my intent I wrote what it can do

pylon

I don't think you get much help if you're not willing to answer necessary questions.

rw950431

The wifi systems in use today (802.11) go to a lot of effort to make this kind of thing impossible.  Each client has an encrypted channel back to the router with individual key so even if you could somehow capture the packet enroute and stop it getting to the intended receiver you would still need to know the other clients key so you could re-encode the packet. If you listen for packets at the wifi level all you can really gain is the source and destination MAC addresses- the payload is an encrypted blob.

Can you imagine the chaos if such a thing were possible?  For example if someone could change the payee in your internet banking transaction that you just did over WiFi?

8bitbacon

Well there comes a time where we reach a new level and we have to know everything that happens or else you should just quit working with circuits and go play video games

rw950431

@8bitbacon seems to have been taken over by a Markov Chain Bot- or perhaps it always was one..

8bitbacon

well im not sure if rw950431 is some sort of a name for a wifi dongle or something but yeah.. Diodes have some gold in them and diodes are sensitive to frequencies also. so you basically get a small amount of voltage by exposing one side as an antenna if you give it the exact amount of battery juice for it and put an led on it, it will possibly blink as a result of radio frequencies in the air, now I need to store those pulses.. how can arduino uno store byte code someone have any sketch?

ElCaron

Sep 04, 2017, 11:02 am Last Edit: Sep 04, 2017, 11:19 am by ElCaron
If you cant help much than dont reply I wrote my intent I wrote what it can do
No, you are talking absolute nonsense that shows that you have not the slightest idea what you are doing, and still some people are helpful enough to try to make some sense out of it.

Your last posting makes that totally clear. Translated to cars, what you are doing is essentially: "I want to build a supercar. Cars work with combustion engines by burning fuel. Beer has some alcohol in it, alcohol burns, so how do I light a bottle of beer on fire in a cardboard box to get a supercar?"

BTW, how is you project going where you wanted to stop a laser beam mid-air after a few meters?

Go Up