New alternative IDE for Arduino

Visual Micro
Nearly all your remarks point to the same thing: "The plugin does not target beginners".

[quote author=Visual Micro link=topic=125225.msg945772#msg945772 date=1349449448]

1. What about a variable defined in ino1, will it be available in ino2 from both compile and intellisense perspectives?
  2. Joining the ino files into a single temp cpp makes all functions able to call each other without need for .h public declarations?

Am I missing a point?[/quote]
You are missing a very serious point indeed.
You are right that both behaviors are not supported in my plugin. However both usages are generally seen as really bad ideas. I don't even consider spending time to implement this functionality. Any programmer who uses this feature knowingly -without a valid excuse- is a lousy programmer in my eyes. If the programmer was working for me; (s)he'd be fired on the spot. This has everything to do with basic housekeeping.

We have been here before in previous discussions. My plugin is a tool. Any tool has a learning curve. My plugin is based on Eclipse, CDT and WinAVR. When going through the learning curve; new users do not see the difference between these 3 so I get a lot of Eclipse, CDT and WinAVR questions. The same counts for your visual studio plugin. You probably get team foundation questions, or questions from people downloading the visual studio express version and then complaining they can not install the plugin.
We as tool providers cannot expect the Arduino community to answer these questions. As a tool provider (and as we discussed this before) you should know this; so I'm wondering why you do not understand.

As I stated before this is a bug which got introduced in a recent version. It is not a decision. I fixed it and it will be in the next release.
Why do you keep nagging about it? I'm wondering why you keep on pinpointing "shortcomings" in other tools, it makes me really suspicious about your intentions.

Jantje