God member ?

Hi,
I just passed my 400th message and guess some people will have no problems with being a "God"-member, which I will be when I write another 100 messages. A lot of the other memberships, depending on the number of messages written are a contribute to people who've done lots and lots and lots for science.
Being provable true I've got no problems with a membership related to those giants.

But.... it's close to impossible to find that scientific aspect in the term GOD-member.

I do strongly believe in the freedom of religion which, in my opinion also includes... the freedom to believe there's no God, multiple Gods and any God one wants to believe in. As agnostic I personally simply don't know... whether a god exist and I'm interested in all kinds of religions and the idea of god not existing as well. Whether someone interested in Arduino is Jehova witness, Muslim, Protestant, Catholic, Atheist or what ever, I don't care, I welcome them all.

Being called a god-member is in my opinion quite offensive though, certainly when one can't choose/have the freedom to not... be called as such. Please keep in mind that loads of members also are Atheists who strongly believe in science as only truth. Some religious people may also find it offensive to be compared to their god(s).

So, what should I do when I passed message 499, create a new membership and write another 499 msgs until I have to make another new account again, just to not be associated with religion ?

Would it perhaps be possible to just drop the term God member and find another scientific giant ?
Loads and loads and loads are available. If not, could anyone tell me where to specifically find Arduino in a religious book ?

So, what should I do when I passed message 499, create a new membership and write another 499 msgs until I have to make another new account again, just to not be associated with religion ?

That's fine by me, go for it. I don't worship any God either, there are just too many to choose from, but I certainly didn't mind the forum title assigned to me during it's duration. Most of us here while Gods were more into Greek like Gods that could shoot down lightning bolts down on to new members that didn't use series resistors with their LEDs, had some good jokes and chuckles over it. I think you could manage to leave your principles guard down a little and just have fun with your Arduino here, if you tried?

Lefty

Well, what can I say...

I have been banned, without warnings, from forums in US, when I even say a word against the huge mighty guy above us.

This is clearly a problem for some people, you must be living in states? Nobody's happy, if you talk about God, or if you don't, always wrong. Where is the common sense these days? If things like this is so hard to live with, I suggest you go to see some real problems, sick kids in hospitals, people without home or food, you name it...

Really, let it be...

I don't know what is the policy in this forum, but politics and religion should be avoided in any talk, just in case. Words that are close to either of the subjects, cannot be avoided, they shouldn't be taken from the context, so don't get them as provocative or state of any kind.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Kari

PS. Again, I pologise if dictionary gave me bad choices with words, not ment to offence anybody.

Can't you live with being an Arduino-God, passing on your experience and wisdom to the masses?
Really, you are making too much of this, ignore the meaningless name for a few months until you hit 1000 posts and change categories again.

Being a god here is rubbish - you cannot smite mortals or speak out of burning bushes or appear as heifers or grow multiple arms or command angels to write your words on golden tablets or anything cool.
I think gods are overrated.

Seriously, I don't know why people get worked up about it - atheists can just say "Hah! look at the funny folk who believe in fairy tales - I'm a god too", and deists and theists can say "My god/s is/are above all other gods - it doesn't matter what you call yourself on a mortal forum"

I would compare this to mathematics.
I know about 3 mathematics.
1 says that there is only 1 line going through a point parallel to another line (Like there is only 1 god)
1 says that there is an infinite number of lines going through a point parallel to another line (Like there are plenty of gods)
1 says that there is no line going through a point parallel to another line (Like there is no god)
So if there was a member status called "parallel line trough point" I would reach after 499 messages ....

I think you get the point 8). If not, how is it possible you have written 499 messages on a technology forum? :astonished:
Best regards
Jantje

I never cared about it , I just care that my posts are useful and meaningful, Why you making such a big deal its just used there like that only

What if I worshiped Tesla as a god? Then could I get it removed? Anything can be worshiped or held as divine, so you can't just remove what YOU don't believe in.

If not, could anyone tell me where to specifically find Arduino in a religious book ?

Well, there is the religion of Googlism, so you could consider Google the god, and the results as the book? And you can find Arduino in Google's search results.

Or other ridiculous extremes - the book of Microsoft, chapter Bing, verse Arduino.

Don't get too carried away by anything here.