Laser Piano using Arduino

Here is, a HOW-TO about how to break beams of laser light to trigger the sounds, instead of keys.

The cardboard laser piano is based on Arduino UNO, with photosensitive modules, laser emitting diodes, JQ6500 voice module combined, the simple electronic piano detects high-low level current outputted by the adjustable photosensitive modules via laser radiation, thereby sending different orders which represent different notes to JQ6500 module. Users can replace notes and songs anytime, only they’ve downloaded the pre-recorded audio into JQ6500 module in advance.

The simple electronic piano can be easily ported to Raspberry Pi and other open source platforms. It’s easy to operate and convenient to DIY.

Tutorials: http://www.elecfreaks.com/7079.html

Great work Kathy.Thumbs up.
This is one of the most audience attraction gadgets in museums and tech fairs.
I have one comment: you can reduce the number of red laser diodes to one only and reflect it using small mirrors back and forth to cover all sensors.
Many thanks indeed.

Have fun positioning the mirrors and getting then to stay so in a cardboard frame.
Be sure to buy laser tag eye goggles.

I know that lasers are just so KEWL that they're HAZ2HAV but the world as toys attitude wears off quick when someone catches a beam in the eye and suddenly "did it have to be lasers" becomes a thought when insurance and lawyers get involved... all because lasers even reflected are not eye safe.

We used to dodge high-shot arrows as a game in 1967. No one got hit so that makes it smart, right?

Please Kathy, you could do this project with leds for the lights, put them inside of tubes (roll up some card stock and tape it if need be) to limit the beam width. If something hits the cardboard you won't have a potential life destruction possible.

That MP3 module looks like the answer to a couple of old sound module threads.
Please, more on that! I'm pretty sure that material for docs, demo and tutorial will get made.

Please visit our wiki page for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help us improve the documents, add more demo code or tutorials.

Read more: Purchase micro Module Now | ELECFREAKS