Frustration as an engineer

I've been retired now for almost 6 years so I've been around the block a few times so to speak. In all my days I don't ever recall meeting someone who said they thought they were 'overpaid' for what they did for a living, but I have met a lot that thought the opposite, I wonder why? It almost boarders on class warfare and is so subjective to be a almost useless and destructive question.

The richest people I've met first hands (met the two apple founders before they 'made it' for example) were mostly richer then me in that they took big financial risks at sometime in their life to go into business for themselves. I considered that path in my 30s but felt while I might handle such risks for myself but I had a family at that time and didn't feet I should risk their financial future. Besides I mostly felt I was paid pretty fairly for what I did and when I seemed to reach a pay ceiling for one company I would just start looking around for a 'better paying' company'. I finally settled in at a big oil company and stayed 27 years and now have a secure retirement income.

So life is pretty much what you make of it and spending too much time worrying about what the other guy makes or does is pretty much a waste of time. Just try to set honest priorities for your own life and try to make the best life decisions you can to reach those goals. The universe really has no concern about if things are fair or not in it's domain, it just does what it does.

Lefty