hello world!!!

Hi!
I found something strange maybe, i tried the example hello world on arduino mega with the lcd keypad shield from dfrobot and when i put 3 "!!!" on the print the is a bug and i can't send code to arduino, 2 "!!" walks but not 3. Is it normal?

Yes, it's a bug.

There are improvements made to the bootloader of the Mega.
You could try to write the bootloader if you have programmer (or Arduino as ISP) using the ICSP header (the 6 pins).

Of course, you have to ask yourself why you would ever put more than one exclamation mark in a print.
AFAIK, the only legitimate use of more than one identical consecutive punctuation mark is for ellipsis...

i didn't rode in the arduino documentation it was forgiven to use 3 times ponctuation mark. I post it more to help people if they got the same problem because i found it i share it that's all. Answer to answer not to help! Ask yourself why you answer my post!

Ask yourself why you answer my post!

You did something useless that caused a problem. There is no valid reason to use three or more exclamation points in a row. Doing so is a documented issue. It triggers debug mode in the bootloader of the Mega. So, don't do.

Sure, it's exciting to get something to appear on the LCD, but the LCD knew it could do it, so it doesn't get all excited about doing its job.

So, why ARE you using three !!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ask yourself why you answer my post!

I asked myself, and I replied "because this is a known feature, it is documented, and there has been one almost identical "bug report" already this week".

i didn't rode in the arduino documentation it was forgiven to use 3 times ponctuation mark.

It isn't written anywhere because, like looking for a gas-leak with a candle, it is assumed that people wouldn't be that silly.

Ok Thank you, i began arduino yesterday so i don't see this post and i didn't parse the forum to find this. Next time i hope you will give me the link with the answer before saying me "ask yourself".

Just out of interest, what was the answer to the question "why you would ever put more than one exclamation mark in a print"?

I want to print something on my arduino. do i have to justify it?

I want to print something on my arduino. do i have to justify it?

Not at all. But if you are asking a question of the other people on forum is it unreasonable for them to ask questions in return?

I don't have problem with questions but why ask me a question without responding my first question when you have the answer?

why ask me a question without responding my first question when you have the answer?

The answer was already there in reply #1.
Or, you could have looked for it.
I'm a moderator, not a search engine.

PaulS:
There is no valid reason to use three or more exclamation points in a row.

Utter rubbish. There is no reason not to use arbitrary sequences of any characters I choose to use. The fact that the bootloader breaks when this particular sequence is used is a design fault in the bootloader, nothing more.

The fact that the bootloader breaks

Where did this idea of "break" come in?
It does what it is supposed to do.
That it isn't well documented is unfortunate.

And the fact that you can't search for '!!!' is even more unfortunate! All I got was a message suggesting that I'd forgotten to enter the search criteria.

AWOL:
I'm a moderator, not a search engine.

Quote of the day. I wonder if I could get this embroidered on a shirt.