Go Down

Topic: Digital voltmeter. (Read 312 times) previous topic - next topic

CatDadJynx

Hey everyone, I'm looking to make a digital voltmeter to read up to 24v (though for this use 12-16v is nominal), with a switch. I'd also like to add a temperature sensor to read the voltage temperature (infrared, maybe?) if possible, but I'm not sure if this seems feasible or not.

I have an Arduino Uno, an oled screen (tested with a couple different libraries), a pir sensor, and a couple voltage divider circuits (with up to 8 inputs). I still need to get a switch, but wanted to go about sketching out the details more first.

Id imagine I'd essentially just do an analogRead from a pin and use functions to calculate the value from it, but im not sure how to use voltage divider a and would like to know if I may be overlooking anything else in the planning process. Thanks!

wvmarle

Voltage divider 1:23; read using the internal 1.1V reference for added stability and acuracy. Then indeed just analogRead() on that pin and calculate the voltage.
No idea what "voltage temperature" is.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

CatDadJynx

Voltage divider 1:23; read using the internal 1.1V reference for added stability and acuracy. Then indeed just analogRead() on that pin and calculate the voltage.
No idea what "voltage temperature" is.
Thanks, that's certainly a helpful start, will do a bit more homework and come back with some questions (or hopefully solutions). And yeah, i thought that seemed odd as well, I'm just doing this at the request of a friend to emulate what something else on the market does. Might have to do more homework on that and see how it does it, then. Thanks!

Go Up