Displaying two serial monitors with Arduino

Hi, i am currently doing a project that involves connecting two sets weighing scales to one Arduino.

I want to be able to see the real time weighing feed of both sets of weighing scales but can only manage to see one set of scales.

Here is my code:

#include "HX711.h"

#define calibration_factor 20500 //

#define DOUT1 3
#define CLK1 2
#define DOUT2 5
#define CLK2 4

HX711 scale;

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("HX711 scale demo");

scale.begin(DOUT1, CLK1);
scale.set_scale(calibration_factor); //This value is obtained by using the SparkFun_HX711_Calibration sketch
scale.tare(); //Assuming there is no weight on the scale at start up, reset the scale to 0
Serial.println("Readings:");

scale.begin(DOUT2, CLK2);
scale.set_scale(calibration_factor); //This value is obtained by using the SparkFun_HX711_Calibration sketch
scale.tare(); //Assuming there is no weight on the scale at start up, reset the scale to 0

Serial.println("Readings:");
}

void loop() {
Serial.print("Reading: ");
Serial.print(scale.get_units(), 4); //scale.get_units() returns a float
Serial.print(" kg"); //You can change this to kg but you'll need to refactor the calibration_factor
Serial.println();
}

im quite new to arduino, and im unsure if maybe its whether or not i can use serial.begin twice and use 4800 and 9600 at the same time or not.

Which Arduino?

You could write a program for the PC in your favorite programming language which will accept incoming data and display it in different places depending if it's scale 1 or scale 2.

Or use two Arduinos.

Some Arduinos have multiple hardware Serial interfaces, but then you would need Serial adapters for your USB cables and once cable per interface.

Its the Arduino mega 2560.

So i would need a second port to go into my PC to be able to see 2 live feeds of my weighing scales?

Here is a photo of my setup

I don't know whether it will meet your requirements, but the easiest would be something like this:

Serial.print("Scale 1 Reading: ");
Serial.print(scale1.get_units(), 4); //scale.get_units() returns a float
Serial.print(" kg "); //You can change this to kg but you'll need to refactor the calibration_factor
Serial.print("Scale 2 Reading: ");
Serial.print(scale2.get_units(), 4); //scale.get_units() returns a float
Serial.print(" kg"); //You can change this to kg but you'll need to refactor the calibration_factor
Serial.println();

With a Mega and USB-to-Serial device such as an FTDI, then it is easy.