Arduino + Raspberry PI + LCD

Hello,

I'm quite new with Arduino, but i have a project that requires to play some kind of videos on a LCD (TFT) display, using some sensors and motors, and doing some music...
Since Arduino's CPU is too limited for doing all this stuff at once, my idea was to play videos and music on a Rasbperry PI, and letting Arduino doing some work with motors and sensors.
Apparently it's possible to connect a cheap LCD display to an Rasbperry PI using the serial bus according to this page : Raspberry Pi projects : Adafruit/SainSmart 1.8" TFT LCD : st7735fb driver
And on the same time I will have my Arduino and Rasbperry PI communicating through the serial bus (Arduino saying to Raspberry : "display video #1" for example).
But is there any risk of conflict between the LCD display slave and Arduino slave ? Is there a specific configuration to set up ? If I listen on serial information on Rasbperry PI (using python serial library), will I also read information about the LCD display that don't make sense for me ? :~
Sorry I don't have a solid background on Electronics, I'm just trying to know if my project is viable.

Thanks for your help :wink:

Did you have an Arduino question? Is the PI forum broken?

There are other ways, besides serial, for the Arduino and the PI to communicate. If the PI is limited to one serial port, use an alternate method.

The example you linked to is using SPI to communicate with the LCD. Do you plan to communicate with the Arduino over the UART or do you want it to be an SPI slave as well? Either way, there won't be any conflict between the two.

There is a peripheral for the Raspberry Pi called the Gertboard that might be worth your attention. It has an ATMega328 slave as well as a motor driver and a small prototyping area. Since the Arduino IDE runs on the Raspberry Pi, you could possibly do all your development on the one hardware platform.

Join this forum:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=16

You'll find it a lot friendlier for projects that involve both the Raspberry Pi and the Arduino. Come back here when you have questions that pertain more to the Arduino side of your project.