Go Down

Topic: Controlling a AC motor 24V with an arduino (Read 953 times) previous topic - next topic

SieKieR

I need  circuit to control a 24 V AC motor with an Arduino. Can somone help me with it?

Paul_KD7HB

jremington

Post a link to the motor or motor data sheet.

slipstick

And say what you mean by "control". Just on/off? Or speed? Or speed/direction? Or.....?

Steve

SieKieR

No.I want to controle the speed of the motor.

slipstick

Then post details/specification/link to the motor you are talking about. "24 V AC" could be anything.

Steve

MarkT

AC servomotor?  BLDC motor?  24V induction motor?  24V universal motor?  What exactly is this motor?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

SieKieR

Paul_KD7HB

A model train. Marklin 3rail
Then it would have a series would motor with brushes. Control it just like a DC motor.

Paul

SieKieR

That gives some problems.  I want to do it with ac power.

Paul_KD7HB

That gives some problems.  I want to do it with ac power.
How is it controlled now? Must be a resistor in series with the motor, How is it reversed? Must be reversing wither the armature wires or the field wires with a switch.

Paul

SieKieR

Now it's controled by a transformer. It's reversed by sending 20V to the motor. Then a magnet switches the contact so the power to the motor is reversed.

SieKieR

Paul_KD7HB

Paul_KD7HB

Now it's controled by a transformer. It's reversed by sending 20V to the motor. Then a magnet switches the contact so the power to the motor is reversed.

So, you are already sending DC to the motor to switch the magnetic switch.

How would that work with an Arduino controller?

Paul

Go Up