Malware warning ... is this genuine or not?

We are in an annoying zone of having a lot of false positives, and false negatives.

For example, I get lots of emails telling me my account at X has been compromised, and to go to Y website to "reset" things. These seem fairly clear spamming attempts, especially if I don't bank with or use X.

However if I do, it gets more complex. For example, yesterday I ordered something from eBay and shortly afterwards got an email telling me that my recent order could not be completed until I log into somewhere.

Or something like this:

You have initiated a payment for $100.00 AUD to WHATEVER.com.
Payment details
Amount: $100.00 AUD
Transaction ID: 5C53687F7327933R

Because the payment was made from an foreign ip address, we put the transaction ID 5C53687F7327933R on hold.

To cancel this payment, please follow the link below:

SOMEDODGYLINK.com

Since the actual link is not displayed it would be easy to be fooled by this stuff.

And just when you get used to ignoring all this crap, a genuine one may slip in, and you ignore that as well, to your peril.

And then you get emails telling you your parcel has been delayed (and just when you happened to be expecting a parcel), so you aren't sure if that is genuine either.

And the worst thing is when I get emails from myself! Emails that I never wrote, offering me work, or some get-rich-quick scheme. Or I get emails from close family members along similar lines. So you simply can't trust the (purported) sender either.

Spammers, may they rot in hell. They are destroying the trust which is required for society to operate normally.