Go Down

Topic: MKR1000 doesn't work with 3.7V LiPo battery (Read 728 times) previous topic - next topic

jenz

Try to use a MKR 1000 powered by a  3.7V LiPo battery. But it doesn't work.

If I connect 5V via USB, the MKR1000 runs. If I connect the battery additionally, the charing LED turns on and switches from red to green if the battery is fully charged. If I disconnect the USB power (the battery is still connected!) the MKR1000 switches off. Sometimes the power LED is blinking weakly.

How can I use the MKR1000 with battery power? Do I have to change something in the code?

Currently I have no idea  :(  Can somebody please help me ?

ballscrewbob

The LEDs are designed to turn OFF when on battery power to conserve energy.

As a test power up and load up the BLINK sketch but change the flash frequency.
Connect the battery and let it charge fully.

When its charged then disconnect the USB.
The L LED should continue to flash for some time.

There is also a minimum batter size recommended in the specs.
Ensure you batter meets or exceeds that spec.

1100 mH I think
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

cstriefel

I'm having the same issue. 

I've loaded up the Wifi101 library and an attempting to turn the LED on and off via a browser.  My lipo battery is fully charged.  When the MKR1000 is plugged in and using the USB, the board runs perfectly.  When I then pull the USB out and let it try to run on battery there is nothing.

Any help with this would be appreciated.  I would like to eventually move my project to run on solar during the day and battery at night.

I'm using the adafruit 3.7v 2500mAh battery.

ballscrewbob

@ both of you LOL..

Make sure you don't have the WHILE SERIAL statement enabled in the sketch that neither of you posted.

To jenz  removing the USB connection will also reset the serial port and I think that might be what you are seeing. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way around that.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up