Your latest purchase (January 27, 2011 to August 19, 2011)

They have the schematic and the source on their site too. But I can't make much sense of the readme.txt file:

’‚?ˆ?ʱæ‘?…œ“ª?ʱ浃ª?¥°…œº”…œ¡ÀUIµƒ?ƒ…?£¨
1°£?‘enter’‚?ˆ?¥?•–??ƒŒ™?‘µÁ¡˜ƒø±Í÷µµƒŒª?Ÿ?˜°£
2°£?‘UIœ‘ æ?¯–––??ƒ£¨?‘?‘º”1–??ƒŒ™?‘4ŒªµÁ¡˜÷µµƒ?ø“ªŒª?ºø…“‘–??ƒ£¨µ±«?—°‘ÒŒªŒ™’??¥…´…¡À?±Í?˜°£

Hopefully whatever-it-says isn't too important. :wink:

I'm pretty sure those are the glyphs to dial in the Stargate.

Schmidtn:

Do NOT go there! Their DHD was broken and I had to get help from the Asgard's.

And this is useful:

Hook it up to a transistor or diode and it will tell you what it is (roughly).

And which lead is which.

And other stuff about it.

1 Arduino nano.

Time to get playing. (Well - not just yet, it still needs to arrive. That's the problem with mail order!)

Arduino nano... Just made my other explode...

bld:

Schmidtn:

Do NOT go there! Their DHD was broken and I had to get help from the Asgard's.

Did you try rebooting? That's what the ITs tell me to do every time our DHD BSoD. Those Asgards gave me the willies... all sci-fi aliens do.

On another note...
2 Duemilanoves (328)
2 Protoshields
1 Motorshield

Going to build a robot out of one (haven't build one since I was a kid with a basic stamp homework board) and the other is just to play around with.

Following my guitar purchase earlier in this thread I've ordered some bits to make a metronome (555 timer, pot, speaker etc). First time I'll have done anything like this without an arduino in the middle.

Have you heard of the Tactile Metronome?

http://www.wayneandlayne.com/projects/metronome/

bld:
Arduino nano... Just made my other explode...

Oops, you made your nano explode!? How did you manage that :smiley: ?

My latest purchase was 30 1K resistors for my LED cube, and two (big) plants to make my desk look slightly better. It also serves as a way to decide when I need to tidy my desk (:() - if the plants have disapeared, I need to tidy my desk and find them again! :slight_smile:

Onions.

That seems like a great product, and I plan on buying one soon (and probably their LCR meter, too); I have more than a few semiconductors that I have no idea what they are, either due to not being able to find a datasheet, or them not having any markings on the case (or house markings). Thanks for posting this!

Schmidtn:
Have you heard of the Tactile Metronome?

http://www.wayneandlayne.com/projects/metronome/

I hadn't, no. Interesting stuff, shame they're out of stock of the kits.

Onions:
Oops, you made your nano explode!? How did you manage that :smiley: ?

I was making it manipulate RPM for the fan in my computer powersupply, and had to remove it to do something else... and didn't power down the computer first, because "hell, I am carefull!" so one wire jumped out and 12v was randomly thrown at various pins and parts, and a handfull of parts then had a hole in them, and didn't smell that nice...

Ah... 12 volts into the board. Oops!
I have burned several components by putting too much power through them. They absoloutely stink! (It is also good fun breaking them. I purposely broke several (cheap) components for a bit of excitement and fun. ]:smiley: Although it is entertaining, the horrible smell has stopped me doing it again).

Onions:
Ah... 12 volts into the board. Oops!
I have burned several components by putting too much power through them. They absoloutely stink! (It is also good fun breaking them. I purposely broke several (cheap) components for a bit of excitement and fun. ]:smiley: Although it is entertaining, the horrible smell has stopped me doing it again).

I hope not to do the same thing again soon... but I probably will, as I won't power down most things while putting things off/putting things on :stuck_out_tongue:

CowJam:

It's all open source under Creative Commons. You said you were already building a metronome plus now you put an Arduino in the middle! Who doesn't love that?! Just some food for thought if you want more usability out of it. The PCB wont be as pretty, but that's about it.

I got today :
ZolDuino328 (Arduino-Compatible)

http://www.electricheap.net/arduino-compatible-microcontroller/30-zolduino328-arduino-compatible.html

Four wooden boxes for $1USD each, two plastic containers (one pictured) for $1 each. Perfect for my music box project and Phi_2 shield.

Schmidtn:

CowJam:

It's all open source under Creative Commons. You said you were already building a metronome plus now you put an Arduino in the middle! Who doesn't love that?! Just some food for thought if you want more usability out of it. The PCB wont be as pretty, but that's about it.

My initial thought was that a metronome with an arduino would be huge. My order from bitsbox.co.uk arrived yesterday and the speaker is huge! (well compared with how small the circuit could be) so I could easily fit an arduino on the space in the project box I've got for circuitboard. Presuming, of course, that the arduino isn't going to be bothered by the magnetism of the speaker.

A smaller option to the huge speaker is a piezo instead. That's what Wayne and Layne did. It pulls double duty as an input for your tempo and an output for your metronome beep. And I think most around here would recommend replacing that 555 with atmega.