forum.arduino.cc not work in IE11?

Forum has worked fine as a lurker but until I log in, the content will not resolve.
The addy sticks as Arduino Forum or any other token value.

I can get the site to work if I select IE (No Add Ons).

But I still cannot access the profile page in any way.

Edit off the "token" garbage.

Whilever you have the "token" in a URL, it will display nothing.

I tried that.

...what I didn't try was closing all IE windows... apparently sleep isn't kind to IE's functionality.

But I am still unable to bring up the Profile page. All I get is the header and footer. The menu info is in the source but the browser isn't processing the content.

Sorry about this. :roll_eyes:

As you presumably know by now reading previous discussions here, the forum server (software) is badly broken, but we can't really expect the Arduino people to go out and fix it. With this sort of software, you just have to work with it as best you can.

(And it's not as if you can necessarily get better software by shelling out lots of money either. Such is life and the computer industry thanks to you-know-who! :astonished:)

Paul__B:
the forum server (software) is badly broken, but we can't really expect the Arduino people to go out and fix it.

I disagree strongly. It is only "broken" because the "Arduino people" broke it. If they hadn't wasted time breaking it we would have a better forum.

...R

got it. I'm assuming I can access the profile page via chrome. i'll have to do that on a different pc.

Robin2:
I disagree strongly. It is only "broken" because the "Arduino people" broke it. If they hadn't wasted time breaking it we would have a better forum.

Well, I'm not so sure. There is the matter of configuration, but they are using a stock forum/ BBS package, not something of their own creation. Whoever wrote the said package for some quite insane reason decided to incorporate this "redirect" system because they were a smart-arse and thought that was some "feature" of HTML which for some reason impressed them (this would not be the first time such a thing has happened), but was simply not sufficiently competent to know how to do it, so should not have done it in the first place.

The fact that it "mostly" functions and is - as has been said - used in various other places with apparent success, clearly led the present operators to presume that it was "fit for purpose". Not an unreasonable expectation as such and I cannot entirely criticise them for persisting with it . You might (well) ask whether they have adequately researched the obvious problem and whether there is a known and documented configuration situation causing it to misbehave which could be remedied, but I can see that the option of porting a whole forum database to another, more reliable package would be simply too daunting.

You can get back to the forum once the token rubbish appears using the following steps in IE11:

Press F12, a window should appear at the bottom of the screen with a black bar on the left hand side.
On the black bar, find the symbol which looks like a wifi router, or click on the window and press CTRL+4
You should now see at the top of the window something saying "Network" with 7 buttons after it. One of those buttons looks like cookie with a bite taken out of it and a X on it.
If you click that button it will clear cookies for Arduino.cc

Then close all open browser windows and reopen IE11. If you go to forum.arduino.cc you can now log in again. Next time you visit any other part of the website that isn't the forum, it will break again and you have to repeat the steps.

Almost a year and counting and this still isn't fixed!