Motion activated water cannon

Y'know, for kids. We call it "Squirt".

This is my first arduino project and I'm amazed it got it to this stage so fast with virtually zero knowledge of electronics or coding just over a month ago. I think that's more down to the arduino than me!

A PIR sensor activates a windscreen washer pump whose nozzle is mounted on a servo. The PIR is in a tube so that it only detects motion in front of it - or when a target is in range. When activated the servo moves to a random position within 30 degrees right or left of center and shoots. It waits a random length of time between half and 3 seconds and moves and shoots again , then repeats and waits to detect further movement. Actual motion tracking is a bit beyond my current abilities so this is a reasonable facsimile that is fun for kids. The sometimes fickle readings of the PIR just add to the randonmess and hence the fun.

Here's the circuit and the code. Any suggested improvements to either are welcomed (sorry the circuit diagram's a bit small!).

#include <ServoTimer1.h>

/*
*  "Squirt". Jonathan Robson Feb 2009.
*  A PIR activates a servo & pump. Servo moves its arm to a random position between 60 and 
*  120 degrees, fires a pump for half second and returns to center (90 degrees). Cycle repeats 
*  3 times at random intervals between half and 3 seconds then waits to detect further movement.
*  Circuit based on http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/Tutorials/HighCurrentLoads
*  PIR code adapted from http://www.liquidware.org/view.php?id=63
*  Random code adapted from www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Blink & www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Random
*  Servo code adapted from http://www.ladyada.net/make/mshield/use.html
*/

int transistorPin = 8;         // transistor base connected to pin 8
ServoTimer1 servo1;            // defines the servo

long randOff = 0;              // Initialise a variable for the OFF time between shots
long randNumber;               // Initialise a variable for servo position angle and delay between shots

void setup()
{
  servo1.attach(10);            //servo on pin 10
  pinMode(8, OUTPUT);           // set the transistor pin 8 as output to pump
  pinMode(5, INPUT);            // set the PIR pin 5 as input
  digitalWrite(8, LOW);         // defines LOW as movement
  randomSeed (analogRead (0));   // randomize

}

int pinin = 0;                  
    long countint = 0;

void loop()
{
    pinin = digitalRead(5);                     // reads the PIR sensor
    while (pinin == 0) 
{
    pinin = digitalRead(5);
}
   servo1.write(90);                              //sets servo to center
   randOff = random (500, 3000);                  // generate OFF time between 1/2 and 3 seconds
   delay(randOff);                               // waits for a random time while OFF
   servo1.write(randNumber = random(60, 120));    // servo to random position within 30 degrees of center   
   delay(400);                                     //gives servo time to get there
   digitalWrite(transistorPin, HIGH);             // turns pump on
   delay(500);                                     //fires pump for 1/2 second
   digitalWrite(transistorPin, LOW);               // turns pump off
   servo1.write(90);                               // moves servo back to center

randOff = random (500, 3000);      // generate new OFF time between 1/2 and 3 seconds and repeat
   delay(randOff);                             
   servo1.write(randNumber = random(60, 120));    
   delay(400);                                     
   digitalWrite(transistorPin, HIGH);         
   delay(500);                                   
   digitalWrite(transistorPin, LOW);            
   servo1.write(90);                             

randOff = random (500, 3000);          // generate OFF time between 1/2 and 3 seconds and repeat
   delay(randOff);                                 
   servo1.write(randNumber = random(60, 120));      
   delay(400);                                     
   digitalWrite(transistorPin, HIGH);                
   delay(500);                                      
   digitalWrite(transistorPin, LOW);               
   servo1.write(90);                              

delay(3000);                               // gives the PIR time to "settle" before reading again

}

I know two little boys who'll love this! Top marks!