Make Own RC Boat Radio

Hello I am new (completely) to anything like this and any HELP - GUIDANCE would be really appreciated.
My Thoughts :sweat_smile: I would like to build a 2.4 Ghz Radio Control system for a boat I am also building. It would need approximately 7-8 proportional servos driven from joysticks and/or rotary potentiometers. To top it off approximately 10 push buttons on the transmitter to turn on/off various systems within the boat (relays), all of this would run from a 12v sealed rechargeable battery within the boat and probably something like a Li-Po battery for the transmitter.
System would be line of sight - tops at 100 meters
This types out easy but for me to figure out is pretty arduous.

1. Is this possible - maybe with xbee transmitters
  2. If a project like this is possible would anyone like to assist me via email in the layout and build of the project of the winter period

Regards Keith

I would say start small. Build projects that utilize the parts you will one day use in your boat.

Once you know each piece well enough to use them in small groups and get the software working with multiple items at the same time.... then try to ball then all up and stick them in a hull.

Crawl around a bit before you jump off a pier :slight_smile:

It sounds like a very good final goal though. Something to work toward always helps keep you moving.

Assuming you have an Arduino in the boat and one in the transmitter you can use the EasyTransfer library to synchronize values read from your transmitter's switches/pots with the Arduino on your boat. XBee, APC 220, Bluetooth, wires... doesn't matter what wireless (or even wired, for testing) transmission you use so long as it has the range you need and it uses a serial TX/RX interface or I2C.

Assuming you have an Arduino in the boat and one in the transmitter you can use the EasyTransfer library to synchronize values read from your transmitter's switches/pots with the Arduino on your boat. XBee, APC 220, Bluetooth, wires... doesn't matter what wireless (or even wired, for testing) transmission you use so long as it has the range you need and it uses a serial TX/RX interface or I2C

Thank you so much, I think I am going in the right direction with 2 APC220's, two Arduino Uno boards, with two IO Expansion Shield V5 Xbee Sensor Shield RS485. I have ordered, lets see what happens from there. :slight_smile:

Keith