Diecimila Atmega168 problem with uploading

Hey guys,

I'm not familiar with MC programming and so for my very first time I'm using a teaching bundle distributed by Franzis.

Since days I get the following message while trying to upload the first tutorial script Blink:

It never works before. Because I thought the Chip was down I bought a new one with the same result: It does not work.

I'm using the Diecimila board with an Atmega168 produced and distributed by Franzis (see pic below).

Ive read the topics with the same or an equal error and followed all the hints given but nothing worx.

Im operating with Win7, got the newest Arduino 1.0.1. and MProg 3.0a. Serial port 9 is selected and this port is also shown in hardware manager. I tried all board settings from UNO to whatever. Nothing works!

Someone got an idea? I'm going crazy. ]:smiley:

Many thanks in advance!

Can you open the serial monitor? RX led blinks if you send some text?

Yes. Pretty short flash of RX LED when I send a string.

Wintermute:
Yes. Pretty short flash of RX LED when I send a string.

That looks nice, maybe the problem is just the software? I remember that decimilla supported autoreset, but attempt pressing reset when uploading something.

Thx for your help. Worse luck! It dont work.

When I am uploading the RX LED signal datas by blinking 3 times. After 2 or 3 seconds the 13 LED blink just one time and then the error above mentioned message occurs. =(

Wintermute:
Thx for your help. Worse luck! It dont work.

When I am uploading the RX LED signal datas by blinking 3 times. After 2 or 3 seconds the 13 LED blink just one time and then the error above mentioned message occurs. =(

Search for "Loopback test" and test that to be sure what is the issue

hi guys

anything new on this topic? I have the exact same priblem as described and have really no clue how to save it..