Arduino due - 32 bits ?

Any news on the new Arduino 32 bits ? I did a search but didn't find much. :roll_eyes: And other companies are releasing some interesting things, like this one: Papilio One - 500K - DEV-11158 - SparkFun Electronics

Not that I've seen and I trawl the web every second day looking for something :slight_smile:

BTW given your area of interest are you hoping for I2S support?

Rob

Not really, just hope for a better 32-bit chip. :wink: I know there's an alternative, but I rather stick with pure Arduino for now.

i have seen NOTHING but the other day I saw a BOOK TITLE on amazon for a book called "PRO ARDUINO"

its supposed to be released in July one of the things the books talks about is the new 32 bit arduino.

"You'll learn all about the changes in Arduino 1.0 and the new ARM-based Arduino Due. "

so I guess there must be people getting them!

book=Pro Arduino [Paperback]
Rick Anderson (Author), Dan Cervo (Author)

Good find. Yes there has apparently been boards available to beta testers.

Looks like we might see something "real soon now". If the book really is released in July it would be a bit silly if there was no hardware for some of the subject matter.

Rob

Perhaps there are some minor problems they want to know fixed before finally releasing it?

Would be really happy, if this could find a way to us within this year ...
I want to use Arduino for a bigger project, but there is the need of 32bit due to operating system support.

(The book you are talking off is not really available at amazon at the moment. Try here instead: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Pro-Arduino-Rick-Anderson-Dan-Cervo/9781430239390-item.html?ikwid=rick+anderson&ikwsec=Books)

"You'll learn all about the changes in Arduino 1.0 and the new ARM-based Arduino Due. "

The way I read the information about the book, I think they are going to repeat things about the Due that we have read in the press releases. I don't think they are going to teach you how to use the Due.

They left some room for interpretation.

I think they are going to repeat things about the Due that we have read in the press releases.

If that's true it will be a total waste of time then, at least from the 32-bit POV. I would hope it has more though.

Would be really happy, if this could find a way to us within this year ...

If not there's no point, you can't take over a year to release a product, although I guess it wouldn't be the first.

Rob

There isn't much info on the Arduino Due or the Arduino Leonardo.

The arduino due was supposed to be released last year although I'm sure that they hit some issues and that was just a projection. The onboard usb support will be nice, no stupid FTDI chips I believe.

or the Arduino Leonardo.

Yes I've all but given up on the Due, but why hasn't the Leonardo been released? After all there are so many clones out that the details are not secret (unless they change it).

Both of these boards should be easy to design for the hardware, maybe the delay is in getting a new IDE/tool chain working.

Rob

Yes the Optiboot and the new version of the IDE are certainly putting them back.

I don't think they'll be pursuing the Leonardo any more for the sole reason that there are so many out there that are exactly what the arduino people would make.

You should check out AERY32 http://www.aery32.com/ . It's easy to use, cheap and very very tiny. Been playing with one for a few days now and I love it :).

Hmmm looks good.
I was kinda hoping to use the Due more so because it was faster. Using the ARM processor.

What happened to the Due? Any release date yet?

General consensus seems to be that it will be announced at the NY Maker Faire on the 29th (tomorrow or today depending on where you are). Masimo hinted to that on another thread.

If that turns out not to be the case then I think it's time to officially give up :slight_smile:

Rob

Yeah! Thanks bud! :grin:

Fingers crossed

Duane B

I just hope it isn't too expensive, now with the Raspberry Pi filling eBay and such...

If its over $50, i'm just gonna go Raspberry Pi.

So, how would that dffer from the somewhat Arduino-compatible Maple