Go Down

Topic: Installing Arduino 101 drivers for non-admin users (Read 95 times) previous topic - next topic

jheffernan

This is a solution to a problem we encountered.  I'm posting it in case anyone else runs into a similar issue:

Scenario:  I teach at a community college. Only Administrators can install software/drivers on our Windows 7 lab computers.  We installed Intel Curie Boards by Intel from Boards Manager in order to be able to use the Arduino 101 in student projects.

Problem:  After installation, the Arduino/Genuino 101 board shows up when logged in under the admin account that was used for the installation, but after logging into the student account the Arduino 101 is not there.

Solution:  Locate the folder C:\Users\<AdminAccount>\AppData\Local\Arduino15 and copy it to C:\Users\<StudentAccount>\AppData\Local\Arduino15.

Maybe someone has a better solution but this worked for us.   :)

Ballscrewbob

Mar 14, 2017, 03:21 pm Last Edit: Mar 14, 2017, 03:22 pm by Ballscrewbob
You could use the MS SYNC option too which would add the benefit of keeping both locations in tune with each other so a board update would also be passed along.
That could also be applied below the admin radar to more computers.

Nice simple fix BTW and easier than getting a blanket admin fix pushed across a network or giving elevated permissions to a set of folders.

Full KARMA for it.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy