Help to identify this EEPROM

Hello there,

For some weird reason I mixed up my components drawer and now I cannot identify this EEPROM, as far as I can read the device markings are:

ATMLU948
2GB 2
9H3100A

(See attachment)..

Thanks in advance...

Hi - Its not an EEPROM, it's an AVR Microcontroller - Just google ATMLU948

This is NOT an AVR microcontroller. It is the 2.5V PDIP variant the AT24C1024B - I2C 1Mb EEPROM which was declared End-of-Life in Dec 2012. [ATMEL EOL Notification].

It has now been replaced by the AT24CM01. [Datasheet]

I have attached the datasheet for the chip and its EOL notification to this post. To understand what the alphanumeric markings on the chip mean, refer to section 8.2 of the datasheet.

Hope this helps!

AT24C1024B - Datasheet.pdf (1.01 MB)

CC124801 - EOL Notification.pdf (308 KB)

Thanks you all for the help, now i'm playing with a 32K EEPROM, the new step will be using this device.

Any library/sketch recommendations will be welcomed :slight_smile:

Recommendations for the AT24C1024B or the new EEPROM that you're using? :slight_smile:

Marzogh:
Recommendations for the AT24C1024B or the new EEPROM that you're using? :slight_smile:

Good point Marzogh :slight_smile:

Now I have under control the 32KB EEPROM, my next step is cascade two (or maybe three) 32K devices (this not should face big problems).

If I survived without any major wounds to those steps, I wish to receive recommendations for using the AT24C1024B device, just for simplifying the hardware.

Thanks you all in advance.

Section 8.9 of the datasheet (This is a PDIP chip) :slight_smile:

So we have:

ATMLU948
9 = year 2009 48 = Week 48

2GB 2 = This code means "8-PDIP(2.5V)" variant
9H3100A = Lot Number

Thanks you all!