Due?

Hi!
Is there a preorder possibility for a Due somewhere?
Which distributor will get the first copies?
When will the sdk go public/Can I take a sneak?

greetings,
Bernhard Kubicek

AFIAK it's

No
Don't know
Don't know
No

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Rob

is it at least known which license model will be applied?

According to the Arduino site

Open-source hardware shares much of the principles and approach of free and open-source software. In particular, we believe that people should be able to study our hardware to understand how it works, make changes to it, and share those changes. To facilitate this, we release all of the original design files (Eagle CAD) for the Arduino hardware. These files are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license, which allows for both personal and commercial derivative works, as long as they credit Arduino and release their designs under the same license.

The Arduino software is also open-source. The source code for the Java environment is released under the GPL and the C/C++ microcontroller libraries are under the LGPL.

I have no reason to believe the Due would be any different.

Rob

Maybe it should be called OverDue??

wwbrown:

People have been making that joke for nearly a year now.

dxw00d:

wwbrown:

People have been making that joke for nearly a year now.

Yea, and it stopped being funny long ago. :wink:

But it will be out this month so we can stop complaining about it's being late and start complaining on how and why the got it all wrong and should not have rushed it to market before it was perfect for release. :smiley:

Lefty

start complaining on how and why the got it all wrong and should not have rushed it to market before it was perfect for release.

Can't wait :slight_smile:

Rob

It would be sold from the 26th October, and the price will be 46 usd. Saw a tweet frm the arduino team sayin this :slight_smile:

frm the arduino team

I am just curious about this: just how big do you think the Arduino market is?

dhenry:
I am just curious about this: just how big do you think the Arduino market is?

I'm guessing big enough that you'll have to have your order into to your favorite distributor within 15 minutes if you want one of the first batch of Dues. :wink: