Code lock? or code coding?

I mean how can I lock my arduino code so that no body ever can edit it? I thought about converting it to HEX but I heard about HEX converters. Can anyone help me?

No one can get your code unless you post it on the web or give it out

Don't underestimate hackers ]:smiley:

I know exactly how good hackers can be unless the original poster works for arduino or big company I don't think he needs to worry about hackers

I have to give the code to someone but I don't want him to be able to edit it. HEX can do it?

wsdeomonteno:
I have to give the code to someone but I don't want him to be able to edit it. HEX can do it?

If you were contracted to give somebody the source, you should give it to them in a fashion that would allow them to use it to rebuild their installation. Anything else is just lying and cheating on the contract.

If you include sources in your code that derive from GPL (GNU public license) sources, you can not legally distribute the objects created without having the obligation to distribute the source.

No contract or anything just tell me how to do it :slight_smile: I'm not a bad person :slight_smile:

wsdeomonteno:
No contract or anything just tell me how to do it :slight_smile: I'm not a bad person :slight_smile:

I tend to be of the view that a source release is not a source release unless the user has all of the bits and pieces to completely replicate the object code. So I see no point in discussing the various ways to obfuscate code that ultimately would never work with somebody determined to break the obfuscation.

If you don't want people looking at your code and possibly modifying it, don't release the source. However as I pointed out, if you used components directly in your code that are GPL licensed (not libraries that are provided by a distributor like arduino.cc), you are obligated to make the source code available in such a form that people can modify it and pass along their modifications.

wsdeomonteno:
I mean how can I lock my arduino code so that no body ever can edit it? I thought about converting it to HEX but I heard about HEX converters. Can anyone help me?

That defeats the whole idea of open source.......

I heard about HEX converters.

Arduino includes a very good source-to-hex converter. It's called compiler ]:slight_smile:

(edit: typo)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I mean HEX to C

wsdeomonteno:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I mean HEX to C

Sorry, I didn't understand :stuck_out_tongue: