What would cause threads or post to disappear?

Yesterday (12-Feb-2013) I made 2 replies to a thread requesting help on printing graphics to a thermal printer. I know the replies went okay as I could see both of them in the thread after replying but today I cannot find the thread and my 2 posts to it don't even show up in my Profile/Show Posts. I spent considerable time reading datasheets and writing code for this person only to find it's all turned into vaporware. Any idea what is going on?

Some people delete their threads once they get an answer. The charitable explanation is that they want to keep the forums neat. The more likely explanation is that they either don't want to admit they had a question or they want to take personal credit for the answers they got.

johnwasser:
Some people delete their threads once they get an answer. The charitable explanation is that they want to keep the forums neat. The more likely explanation is that they either don't want to admit they had a question or they want to take personal credit for the answers they got.

If that's the case then I would have liked to know if the code I wrote ever worked. Was even tempted to modify the entire library to suit the thermal printer they had but never mind.

Some people delete their threads once they get an answer.

Which is unbelievably irritating.

Riva:
If that's the case then I would have liked to know if the code I wrote ever worked.

I can't help with that.

...today I cannot find the thread and my 2 posts to it don't even show up in my Profile/Show Posts...

Restored...
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,147466.0.html

If it happens again, just contact a moderator.

I get only

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

when accessing the link you supplied.
Thanks Coding Badly

Was it deleted or was it lost in some form of garbage collection?

Deleted.

Try it now.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=148690.msg1117779#msg1117779 date=1360780582]
Try it now.[/quote]
Working now thanks.

I have already approached the forum administrators to try to get this behaviour stopped. People should not be able to remove posts they have not themselves made, which is what happens when they delete a whole thread.