Lightsaber project help!

Hello World :wink:

I'm trying to create a light saber controlled by an arduino uno (well the 328P as a standalone IC). However I am having difficulty with the code. I've got a 3W RGB star LED (common anode powered thorough a small 12v constant current circuit) for the light source, when a push button is triggered I would like the green LED to be lit (through 2n2222 transistor, I've checked the datasheet) and when toggled again for it to deactivate and power the LED off. If possible I would like a second tac switch to toggle the colours while still operating in the normal way. I cannot however seem to figure out how to do this even when searching online for other peoples sketches.
I believe I've got the audio sorted out (adafruit sound board & amplifier) and there will be an acceleromitter for when the light saber is swung (not begun code with that part yet).

If anyone would be able to offer any help or advice on the matter it would be greatly appreciated as I've been on/off with this project for many months now (parental responsibilities keep getting in the way :P).

Many Thanks, Joe