24 pin LCD screen

Hey guys,

First post! I've been given one of these screens http://www.bolymin.com.tw/web_new/html/product/index3.aspx?Page=1&p=2&num=283 (the spec is available for download at the bottom in pdf). I'm just wondering if there is anyway I can get it to work with an arduino? And if so, can anybody put me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Dan

The only promising looking link I've found for the SED1335 controller used in that display is Universal C library for SED1335/RA8835/S1D13700 LCD displays - doesn't yet seem to be supported by UTFT library for instance.

If you can find out its controller, it is not difficult to write a driver for it.

dhenry:
If you can find out its controller, it is not difficult to write a driver for it.

It's right there on the second line of his link: "2. Built-in controller SED1335", and in reply #1 with a link.

Here's another link to the controller datasheet --> www.compsys1.com/support/docs/sed1335.pdf <--, please let us know when the driver is ready.

Don

It is actually fairly fancy lcd controller: unlike most epson controllers, this one has data bytes following some commands bytes. It allows virtual windowing and layering, so you can do fancy animation on this thing.

In terms of interfacing, the display datasheet didn't provide anything information regarding the touch panel so you are out of luck there.

The lcd controller itself is reasonably simple: it utilizes a 8080 interface (sel1/2 cleared). The commands are in Section 8. To start, you may want to just write to it, and use internal fonts. At a minimum, you need to implement reset, display on/off, and go to x/y commands. From there, you can implement memory write so you can load up your own fonts / images.

dhenry:
It is actually fairly fancy lcd controller: unlike most epson controllers, this one has data bytes following some commands bytes. It allows virtual windowing and layering, so you can do fancy animation on this thing.

In terms of interfacing, the display datasheet didn't provide anything information regarding the touch panel so you are out of luck there.

The lcd controller itself is reasonably simple: it utilizes a 8080 interface (sel1/2 cleared). The commands are in Section 8. To start, you may want to just write to it, and use internal fonts. At a minimum, you need to implement reset, display on/off, and go to x/y commands. From there, you can implement memory write so you can load up your own fonts / images.

Thank you for all your replies, but dhenry, how shall I connect the ribbon cable up to the arduino board, I've only had my board a week and been given lots of stuff to play with by a friend, so I am fairly new to this. I doubt the arduino will be able to produce a high enough clock frequency and a high enough current so are there any shields that have my connection as well as the right amps?

Thanks!

You should take a look at your device datasheet. In full implementation, it requires rst, rd, wr, cs, a0/dc, and d7..0, a total of 13 pins.

I doubt the arduino will be able to ...

If you really think that way, try something else.