Issue with Arduino 1.0

Hi,

just downloaded and installed Arduino 1.0 and are now running in strange problems with my actual project: There seems to be a problem with the library "shiftreglcd". When verifying I get the following error message:

In file included from Fototrigger26.cpp:17:
H:\Arduino\meine Schaltungen\libraries\ShiftRegLCD/ShiftRegLCD.h:76: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void ShiftRegLCD::write(uint8_t)'
F:\Arduino\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

With Arduino 0.22 and 0.23 it works without problems.

Anybody an idea?

Thanks.

Jens

Ok, found the reason and the solution in this article: Arduino 1.0 is Out: Here’s What You Need To Know:

The library has to be changed. Changes done, and: WOW!!! it's running :slight_smile: 8) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin: :smiley: XD

This above mentioned article is an absolutly must if you want to migrate to Arduino 1.0 and if you are working with a lot of Libraries.

Hi,

Got similar problem with midi library. After checking this article, found my prob, need to change in the lib the include Wconstants.h to include Arduino.h

This article if effectively a must to have. it should be referenced in Arduino website.

Many thanks jens38 for the link

I have two easier issues with Arduino 1.0. In fact, this is more of an enhancement request.

Clicking the "close" button on an open sketch, or selecting "File..Close" should close only the open sketch, not prompt you to completely exit the program. In any of the GUI applications I use, "Close" always means to close the current folder/document/project, but keeps the application running. "Close" and "Quit" have two different meanings.

The prompt to ask "Do you really want to exit?" should be an option in your Preferences, the way it works in Eclipse.

Hopefully these things can be easily corrected in the next minor release.

-MVS