Found a place for cheap pcb manufacturing

Wanna do cheap PCB prototyping ? You should never miss SMART-PROTOTYPING

Check them out. Not ONLY cheap price for as low quantity for 5 pcs, they have more discounts for mass production !!! The PCBs are high quality as well especially I like the silkscreen from them. They help you to turn your idea into product by going through a complete solution for you from PCB prototyping to PCB Assembly, Testing and so on !

Been using for the past 4 years and no complaints !

Let me know if you want to know more.

Thanks !

Maker,
Malaysia

Have you tried anything complicated? Your examples are all too simple.

1Sheeld is something more complicated that I know of is produced by them: http://1sheeld.com/

You can try. It's really CHEAP ! :slight_smile:

I used PCBshopper to select the cheap PCB manufacturers and EasyEDA seems to be a good choice.
I've used it a couple of times and have been impressed by the quality of their PCBs.

There is a pricing calculator at https://easyeda.com/order. The cheapest option is for 10pcs of 50mmx50mm boards, which comes to 9.8USD. 10pcs of 100mmx100mm boards is 17.6USD. For larger boards, 5pcs is cheaper than 10pcs. Definitely worthwhile messing around with the pricing calculator.

Prices don't include shipping. Standard shipping is "From $6" according to JLCPCB: Help & Support.

EasyEDA offers a free, web-based tools to do the schematic capture, any simulation required and the PCB layout and then generate the Gerbers (which are free to download and can be used with any PCB fab house: there's no tie to EasyEDA). From within EasyEDA, the Gerbers can be submitted straight to EasyEDA for fab.

They even provide a free online gerber viewer to help you check Gerber files before sending the PCB designs for manufacturing.

There's a thread on their site asking much the same with a couple of pictures from users:

PCB Prototype & PCB Fabrication Manufacturer - JLCPCB website won't open for me.

CrossRoads:
PCB Prototype & PCB Fabrication Manufacturer - JLCPCB website won't open for me.

I have not met such problems, maybe you can reload the page PCB Prototype & PCB Fabrication Manufacturer - JLCPCB or you can directly contact them at support@easyeda.com, their customer support is excellent. :slight_smile:

looks like that here a lot of people are advicing their own sites....

since i don t need to meet any standard and i do really REALLY simple stuff someone can advice me a cheep site?

It depends on where your from, but I tried PCBway and OSHpark.

PCBway is cheaper, but the quality is MUCH lower than OSHpark... The price/quality ratio difference ended up making OSHpark a better choice.

Oh yes you are right i forgot to say that i need the shipping to italy, i red that osh should be free worldwide

You should read earlier posts to this thread. There are several good places to buy. I use Itead studio
10cm*10cm is 19$ plus postage. Often the postage cost is higher than the PCB cost. I have also ordered larger and they were good with reasonable cost.

I've used http://www.pcbway.com a lot of times for my pcbs. The quality is satisfying and they ship to Europe. The shipment usually takes 15-25 days. The shipping costs go up depending on the weight of your pcbs so try to keep it light if possible.

here are some photos:

aster94:
looks like that here a lot of people are advicing their own sites....

since i don t need to meet any standard and i do really REALLY simple stuff someone can advice me a cheep site?

One debugging step I have learned the hard way is to view only layer 19 the unrouted layer. In a complex board you may not be able to see short unrouted air traces, by only showing the unrouted layer you of course can see them clearly if they are there.

Has anyone tried PCBWin(www.pcbwin.com/a)? I heard many people talk about it in the work, and most of them think it is a good and reliable PCB fab.

BasicPCB.com is what i use for cheap 2 layer boards
theyr just 3 bucks for boards around 1 inch and they ship form the USA in 4 days - quality is MUCH better than the cheap China or other offshore pcb houses.

(I wish more of the obvious shills would just own up and say "I work for XYZ PCB Company, and you should consider for your PCB needs because [uncommon qualities, like: "10x0cm special now going on", "fast shipping", "US Based", "Priced per area instead of fixed sizes", "free soldermask colors [red, blue, green]", "cheap 4mil design rules boards", "low cost automatic placement and solding of 0402 resistors in [standard value list], etc] Bye!")

(Obvious shill: someone with one or two posts, one of which recommends a PCB company, who is never heard from again.)

@westfw Yes It is right. It's hard to follow, I don't know how that kind of thing could be filter.

It is a missing resource to have a kind of listing of PCB manufacturer, where they are good or appropriate, pricing and delivery. Could have a rating from user also.

could be cool...

Regards

Nitrof

Like http://pcbshopper.com/ ? I haven't verified all the suppliers, but the ones I know of, the reviews seem fair. Ratings sites can be gamed with positive (or negative) reviews, so should be read with caution.

Well,
I'lll put in a good word for iteadstudio.com again. I have not a had a manufacturing related issue in using them since Jan 2011. I have designed and purchased quite a few different board types over the years, and the only issues ever seen were my design issues - fonts too small, fonts placed over pads (the pads win), and the very occasional design error, of which I've made about 4 I think, most involving a trace that I gave 2 different names and didn't catch when I was reviewing the schematic and board layout.

I only design double sided boards, and I've done some pretty complex cards with parts on both sides to really pack things in.
smaller boards (2 layer, green, solder mask, white stencil)
10 boards, 5cm x 5cm max, $9.90
10 boards, 5cm x 10cm max, $14.90
10 boards, 10cm x 10cm max, $19.90
larger boards
5 boards, larger than 10cm x 10cm, varies by size
5 boards larger than 20cm x 20cm
5 boards, larger than 30cm x 30cm

They also do small batches of cards, so a check of 30 cards vs 3 10-lots may be less expensive as an example.
There are 3 shipping options too, from slower airmail to faster DHL.
Boards are generally in shipping 4 days after file upload.
They a couple of files you can upload to use in eagle, one for design rules checking, and one for creating the Gerber files they will use for manufacturing.

You can see lots of example of boards at my website, http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

I tried a non-solder masked board from Sunstone or someone similar with next day shipping, it was a disaster for my assembler with lots of shorts where traces went between pads. I had to scrap the first attempt and very slowly and very carefully assemble the thru hole parts board myself. Solder mask is a must for complex boards with fine pitch and small clearance traces (10 mil wide with 10 mil clearance).

Right now, postage for 10x 5x5cm or 10x10cm boards from China seems to be averaging $20 to $30, regardless of the low prices of the boards themselves. Are there houses and/or creative ordering techniques (only get 5 boards to reduce weight?) that cut down on total cost for small quantity hobbyist projects? (I guess at 5x5cm, OSHPark gets you 3 boards for only $20 TOTAL, which is pretty good if you only want 3 boards...)

The only problem with Itead and some others have is just the postage. But http://pcbshopper.com/ includes postage and handling in their list.