[Problme] SD card , format

Hello !

It's my first post on this forum and i have to say that the english is not my primary language.

I have a little problem with the SD Card ( it is SanDisc 4GB), i try skech CardInfo to get know about it work or not .
And i get message from terminal like this :

Initializing SD card...Wiring is correct and a card is present.

Card type: SD2
Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.
Make sure you've formatted the card

I try solve this problem but i can't do that , so i decide to write this poste to get help from you.
P.S. I format this SD Card by SDFormatter V4.0 but it doesnt help.

I use a SanDisk 4GB in my ethernet shield. I damaged the format on it while testing another user's code. That code did not disable the SD SPI before starting the ethernet shield, and the file allocation table was damaged.

I used Windows XP to reformat the card. One of the choices on the format was FAT32. It formatted without error, and is working right now.

I do what u say . I format this card by Windows 7 and i still have this problem , it doesn't help :confused:
Have any other idea how fix it ?

This is the message I kept getting until I reformatted the SD with Windows XP using FAT32.

Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.

That indicates a format problem.

Maybe my SD Card is broken in some way ?
I don't have any idea how format this card in right way. I use a SDFormatter and Windows 7 and it still doesnt work .

Ok every thing is working !! :slight_smile:
I made a small mistake , i forgot connect another pin for SD power. Now is running.
Thanks for help !