Arduino fur industrial use?

Hi all.
I have a general question on the Arduino.

Is it possible to use the Arduino for industrial use?
Is it reliable enough. Is it built to run 12 hours a day?

Is it also possible to built the Arduino in a product which is mass-produced?

If not:
Which possibilities do I have to turn the Arduino in a suitable device?

Thank you for answering!

Is it possible to use the Arduino for industrial use?
Yes

Is it reliable enough. Is it built to run 12 hours a day?
Yes

Is it also possible to built the Arduino in a product which is mass-produced?
Yes - but:

Which possibilities do I have to turn the Arduino in a suitable device?
More likely to be cost beneficial to build your own PCB with IO, etc, that meets your requirements.
For example, use a wallwart 5V power supply, delete the 7805 regulator, add IO connectors that are more secure than plug-in headers, etc.

As an example of a more robust Arduino derivative, Rugged Circuits offers a version of the UNO with a number of modifications to decrease ESD susceptability, protect the I/O pins from shorts to ground and higher voltages than the stock UNO, and allow it to be powered with upto 24 VDC. I don't think they went so far as to use industrial temperature (?40°C to 85°C) rated components, but since only the ICs and perhaps one or two other parts would need to be changed, it would be possible but somewhat more expensive per board to do so.

Can go broader on the temp even:
ATMEGA328P-PN, PDIP, 28P3 28, 1.8-5.5V, Industrial (B) (-40°C to 105°C)
I believe Mouser carries these, I looked it up a day or two ago.

Surface mount:
ATMEGA328P-AN TQFP 32A 32 1.8-5.5 Industrial (B) (-40°C to 105°C)
ATMEGA328P-ANR TQFP 32A 32 1.8-5.5 Industrial (B) (-40°C to 105°C)
(I think difference may just be delivery packaging)

Would have to look at the other parts as well, or delete the niceties to improve calcutated MTFB (mean time between failures - fewer parts = fewer failures)

Nice finds CrossRoads, thanks for sharing!

Why would you put any device intended for prototyping into an industrial environment?

You could use the UNO as-is but it might be cheaper/better to build your own circuit board around the ATMEGA328P chip.

CrossRoads:
For example, use a wallwart 5V power supply, delete the 7805 regulator, add IO connectors that are more secure than plug-in headers, etc.

I would be careful with that advice. Modern switching wall warts should be fine, but if he gets a cheap, old linear based one, it could easily give 8V no load and fry his chips (yes, I made that mistake in my pic days).

I'd with one like this, I use them a lot.
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/DCA-0520
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/KLDX-0202-A