The 1284P, a sleeping beauty on a $9 UNO size board?

bperrybap:
Just ordered a Sleeping Beauty.
I'll be using it to test out my openGLCD library on several different IDEs, including pre 1.0 and 1.5.x
So Jack, I'll be joining you and others over in your 1284p core thread, as soon as I get the board in.

--- bill

Bill, et al:
Is it feasible to run pre-1.0 on the 1284? We are having a discussion over on the 1284 side about 1.0.5r2 and 1.5.x as to where the effort should be places first. Nothing has been mentioned about pre-1.0 builds.
I must plead ignorance to the size of the pre-1.0 community that is still active.

I have used the Adafruit ILI934x library and text mapping is painfully slow. Anything reducing this time by 1/4 of more would be interesting. On the positive side, Lady Ada inherits from the Print class and this works as advertised; that is, getting text on the screen is very simple. Unfortunately, there is no character x,y positioning. .. only graphic, so some math is required to use text font (of which there is only one.)

Ex: The QBF - "The Quick Brown Fox..." For Serial Diags - Exhibition / Gallery - Arduino Forum

Ray