Go Down

Topic: Clone Arduino Nano NOT recognized anymore (Read 2077 times) previous topic - next topic

gspir

I need help guys

I bought 2 arduinos, the first is an uno r3 original and the second is a nano (clone) with ch340G in windows 10.

Everything was fine. Windows 10 found drivers for both. But today I had both connected in order to test wifi with RF24L01 chip.

After some hours I lost the com port of nano. I did everything. restart computer, reisnstall drivers from chinese manufacturer etc...

I connect the nano to USB and nothing happened. I open device manager and I see nothing. Bot even as an uknown device.

Any idea ? what can I do ? I tried everything. help plz

pert

Try a different USB cable or verify the USB cable you're using works with a different device. You may have a damaged cable.

gspir

No it's not the cable. I tried another cable. When I connect the nano to pc, the led lamp of nano lights normally but computer shows nothing. Not even an unknown device. I tried 2 different cables. What is strange is that I tried nano into another pc and nothing happened at all.

cmiyc

When I connect the nano to pc, the led lamp of nano lights normally but computer shows nothing.
The power LED just confirms the cable provides power. Many Micro and Mini cables are power-only, with no wires for D+ and D-.

Either it has a blown Serial to USB chip (unlikely, but possible) or the two cables you tried are power-only (the most common issue.)

What is strange is that I tried nano into another pc and nothing happened at all.
What does "nothing happened at all" mean? Be specific when describing behavior-explain what you expected to see.

The Power LED didn't come on? Further evidence of power-only cables. With nothing to change the impedance on D+ and D- the host may not be turning the port on at all.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

gspir

Guys what is happening is this :

First time I connected nano arduino to PC (windows 10) everything was fine. The drivers are installed automatically.  Suddenly after some days, PC do not recognize the device. When I connect the arduino to PC (with USB cable) nothing is happening.  It is similar like connecting only the cable.  There is no even "uknown device" in USB or Ports at device manager (control panel).  Arduino led is on, but PC cannot recognize that a device is connected. I installed manually the chinese drivers. Nothing. PC do not see arduino at all. As i said I tried 2 different USB cables and nothing (so the problem is not the cable). I also tried a different USB port. No change.

cmiyc

Mar 10, 2017, 06:41 pm Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 08:19 pm by James C4S
PC do not see arduino at all.
Well, then you are done troubleshooting.

Either the USB-to-Serial chip is dead, the connector, traces between the connector and chip, or it's the cable.

There's no point in installing drivers if the machine isn't even detecting a USB device being attached.

Edit: Added connector.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

gspir

damnn! I have started to believe that usb-to-serial port is damaged :/

Leighzer

The power LED just confirms the cable provides power. Many Micro and Mini cables are power-only, with no wires for D+ and D-.

Either it has a blown Serial to USB chip (unlikely, but possible) or the two cables you tried are power-only (the most common issue.)
What does "nothing happened at all" mean? Be specific when describing behavior-explain what you expected to see.

The Power LED didn't come on? Further evidence of power-only cables. With nothing to change the impedance on D+ and D- the host may not be turning the port on at all.
I was running into the exact same problem. My nanos were getting powered up, yet not showing up at all in device manager. I tried two different usb cables. When I finally tried a third cable I found lying around that was different than the lot of two I bought recently, I was finally able to get it to power up and be recognized. The two cables I was using must be power only cables as cmiyc has pointed out. After a bit of research, I still haven't found what markings/features to look for to differentiate the cables, but anyone else who is running into this problem be aware it may be the cables you are using.

Go Up