Go Down

Topic: IDE Port Problem (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic

rgsparber

I have been using 1.8.5 for a long time with few problems. Yesterday Microsoft did a large update to my Windows 10 machine and now the IDE is having problems finding the correct port. I plug in my project to port 4 and can access it via the serial monitor. But when I try to upload my sketch, I get the response shown below. Tried different ports and always get the same kind of response. Power cycling the PC made no difference.

I used Device Manager and it said I have the best driver. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\rgspa\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21\libraries\Wire
Sketch uses 17728 bytes (61%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 457 bytes (17%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2103 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM4
PORTS {COM1, COM4, } / {COM1, } => {}
PORTS {COM1, } / {COM1, COM7, } => {COM7, }
Found upload port: COM7
C:\Users\rgspa\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\rgspa\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM7 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\rgspa\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_214671/balloon16.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\rgspa\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM7
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
         Using Programmer              : avr109
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM7": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

sterretje

Which board? It's a 32U4 based on by the looks of it.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up