Need some help for a science project.

Well, you're the one with the eyeball on the subject.
Guessing games are for children.

Gee, thanks...

You're welcome.

This isn't going to work and I'm running out of time, so I think I'll just use one servo...

I'm getting more confused by the minute here....

You say you have the one servo working.... using the sweep sketch or what?

Then you say the second isn't working, but the code you posted (which I think is virgin sweep?) is only for one servo. Post the code (inside # tags) for the sketch which purports to run two servos.... it should be much like sweep but with code added to "double up" for the second servo as explained a week or so back.

Hint on breadboard: the power rails are usually split in the middle: there is no connection between the left and right side of the board. Have you hooked the second servo on the right hand side of the split? My Fritz showed the 2nd servo connected towards the left. If you need to use power from the right you'll probably need to jump that gap as shown attached. Without a multi meter or a test LED you can't tell if your breadboard needs that bridge or not.

My suggestion a while back was to set up a dummy finger to minimise damage to your hand if the servo goes brainless (ie moves too far too fast and rips things to bits)... if you DO actually have one servo working with sweep, now's maybe the time to hook it up to one test finger and get the finger clenching.

Then yes, maybe ditch the second servo in the interests of time and get all fingers clenching with on servo. You'll need to engineer the string layout on a board or something to get the angles right and to prevent tangling...

I'll give that a shot, but if I can't get it to work, then I'll just stick with one servo.

And I happily thank all of you guys for helping me with and teaching me more about robotics. XD

Falchion:
I'll give that a shot, but if I can't get it to work, then I'll just stick with one servo.

With careful layout of the strings, you'll probably be able to get it clenching with one.

Clarify for me please, I didn't look at the hand project too carefully when you posted originally: does the unclenching rely on the springiness of the straw?

I believe so. The guide said as long as the straw doesn't crack when you apply pressure to it, it should work.

Yeah thought so, so go verrrrrry carefully when you hook the servo up.

Servos kick off with quite a wrench, as you may have noticed if you were holding one when it moved. The torque (turning strength) is many orders of magnitude (x10's) more than you need, I'm sure. Have your sweep move only a few degrees maybe, and make the delay longer between steps.

I think I suggested earlier that once you have it hooked up a servo to your test finger, turn the servo by hand to start, to check that nothings snagging and estimate by eye what the range of degrees should be.

You might have a look at this thread.

Similar to yours in that strings move the fingers with lots of servos. It might help you with the layout of the physical aspects......

Jim

That's amazing.

Guess who made TOP 10 in the science fair? :grin:

Awesome.... well done!

So post a few pix so we can see how the whole thing turned out....

Here is a picture of the finished product. :grin:

Here's the board and the hand too.

Thanks, and Well Done, again....

Looks like you used the Uno as a backing plate for attaching the hand?

Next you need to get that up on YouTube so others can see what you did and how it works.

Also I'm pretty sure the guys at Science Buddies would be keen to see that you put their motor idea into practice.

Edit: Nice display board, too

I'll make sure I do that. Also, I might be a potential winner for the science fair at my school, and if I get 1st or 2nd place, I get to go to a prestigious college to show my project off. 8)

I get to go to a prestigious college to show my project off

Well that would be fantastic.

.... and maybe meet Sheldon, Leonard, Rajesh and Howard.....

WOW! Congrats!!