Go Down

Topic: iPhone / iPad & Smartphone controlled car. (Read 521 times) previous topic - next topic

WeLoveRC

Hi guys,

i am new to this forum and in general new to Arduino. I really like it so far. So, i purchased an Arduino Starter kit and i finished the projects, so, i decided to get a harder school project in order to get better with Arduino.

Because i love Remote Control cars, i decided to make one from scratch, using Arduino this time. I searched a lot into different websites and forums and i would say that, the more i search, the more confused i become. In general the project will be this:

1) iPad / iPhone / Android controlled RC Car. Here i realised that i have 3 options. WiFi, Bluetooth and XBEE. As far as i'm concerned, the Bluetooth distance of control is really small, the WiFi way needs a WiFi network to exists and the distance is also limited and the XBEE is the way that all the RC cars works on. Is that right? I searched a bit how all these iPhone controlled cars and helicopters on the market works, and looks like they have a small transmitter you put on the iPhone headphones input. No idea if that works for Android as well.

2) I would like at some point in the future to have a camera on it.

3) I would like to have 1 or 2 brushless motors with ESC instead of simple dc motors and also one servo. Here, is it a need for Motor Shield? Or i can control these from just an Arduino Uno?

A simple guide on this will be more than welcome in order to clean my head from too much informations these days!

Thank you so much!

Pram

Well I am working on a kind of similar project. I am using the Sainsmart Wizfi module (http://www.ebay.de/itm/281015153409?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&autorefresh=true). On one hand it is very expensive, but on the other hand it can be used as an AP, so you don't need an extra WiFi network.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy