Go Down

Topic: Arduino-GPIO: Yet Another Fast Digital Pin Library (Read 2159 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

1) This example comes from Arduino-GPIO project repository
Apologies. I did not make the connection.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

kowalski

Sep 03, 2017, 01:47 pm Last Edit: Sep 03, 2017, 01:48 pm by kowalski
Two new Arduino-GPIO based libraries are available; Arduino-OWI with support of 1-Wire device drivers and Arduino-TWI for I2C device drivers.

The libraries include example device drivers DS18B20 1-Wire Digital Thermometer and DS1307 I2C Real-Time Clock.

Please see on-line documentation and example sketches for the new libraries.

Cheers!

kowalski

The latest update of the Arduino-GPIO library adds support for the ATtiny core. Example sketches will run on ATtinyX4 and ATtinyX5.

Cheers!

kowalski

The latest release of the Arduino-GPIO library adds support for Arduino Mega. The library now supports all boards based on ATmega168, ATmega328P, ATmega32U4, ATmega1280, ATmega2560, ATtinyX4 and ATtinyX5.

Cheers!

kowalski

The latest release of the Arduino-GPIO library adds support for Arduino Due (SAM3X8E).

Cheers!

kowalski

Sep 15, 2017, 06:32 pm Last Edit: Sep 17, 2017, 07:59 pm by kowalski
The latest update of the GPIO library adds support for open drain pins. This is used for devices with external pullup resistors such as DHT, 1-Wire and I2C.

Some initial benchmark results for Arduino Due (SAM3X8E) may be found in the Benchmark sketch.

Please see the corresponding libraries for examples.

rockwallaby

Great that you have support now for the SAM3X8E, I'll like to try this.
I looked a few weeks ago at the library and was also wondering for the 1284P, like the Bobduino style boards ?
Over the years I have noticed you have produced some nice and neat code, thank you for your efforts :)

kowalski

Sep 18, 2017, 03:16 pm Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017, 06:09 pm by kowalski
I looked a few weeks ago at the library and was also wondering for the 1284P, like the Bobduino style boards ?
It is easy to add support for new boards (mcu). In the case of the ATmega1248P the issue is more or less the pin numbering. There are a few different approaches; Bobduino, Wicked Device Wildfire (Arduino format) and LowPowerLab Moteino Mega.

Cheers!

davetcc

This library looks to be comprehensive and exceptionally useful. As I see it, the library would be of great help for advanced use cases, getting every last drop of performance out of the microcontroller.

For example I wish to make a motor control system for a vinyl disc replay system, based on controlling two DACs to feed an AC motor with an optical feedback loop. I thought I would have to program the GPIO directly myself to get the required performance, but it's good to know that with this library, I'll probably not need to do that any longer.

Even though I know how to write to the GPIO ports myself, I would prefer to an abstraction any day of the week.
Long time Arduino user who enjoys DIY audio and AV equipment.

kowalski

Sep 25, 2017, 11:26 pm Last Edit: Oct 06, 2017, 12:19 am by kowalski
The latest release (1.10) of the Arduino-GPIO library adds support for debounced gpio pin (Button). Please see github and on-line documentation for further details.

Cheers!

kowalski

Oct 06, 2017, 12:18 am Last Edit: Oct 06, 2017, 12:19 am by kowalski
The latest release (1.11) of the Arduino-GPIO library adds support for debounced analog pin (reading voltage from a resistor ladder, Keypad)). This class is used by the Arduino-LCD library to add support for the LCD Keypad and LCD4884 shields.

Please see github and on-line documentation for further details.

Go Up