Looking to pay someone to write some code for 2 servo motors for an art project

Hello,

I'm a visual artist working on a project that is using two servo motors to make a rope "fountain" from a 20m loop of rope. The controller that was specified by my suppliers doesn't seem to be up to the job unfortunately, so I am looking to change to an Arduino "Uno".

Because I have never used any Arduino products before, and have a looming deadline, I am thinking that the best way forward is to pay someone to write some code to get things going. After which I can hopefully fine tune things from there as I prototype.

The motors are Leadshine ACM604V60 - https://oceancontrols.com.au/MOT-455.html
The drivers are Leadshine ACS806 - Electronics & Automation Engineering T/A Ocean Controls > Industrial Servo Drivers > ACS806 Brushless Servo Motor Drive

The idea is that when someone approaches it, a movement sensor turns a relay on, which starts one of 5 cycles that lasts for 5 minutes ( eg ramp up to 2000 rpm over 10 secs, hold for 30 secs, slow to 0 rpm over 20 secs and stay at 0 rpm for 240 secs. ). When the movement sensor is activated again, the next cycle starts - when all 5 have been used, it starts back at cycle 1 etc. If there is a tangle, a limit switch turns on which starts an "untangle" cycle ( eg. reverse motors at 50 rpm for 120 secs, stop, then forward at 100 rpm for 120 secs.).

If someone is willing to take it on, I can forward on more details. This is an art project with a limited budget, so the pay scale will reflect that harsh reality unfortunately.

Thanks in advance,

Dub_M

400W motors, wow.
Looking at Figure 2-3-4-5-6 of the controller datasheet
https://oceancontrols.com.au/datasheet/lea/smc-410_ACS806_Datasheet.pdf
shows that Arduino plus some circuitry will be needed to interface to the controller.

What do you have for a power supply?

Or simulate a PC output if attempting to use the serial port per Fig 10.

I wouldn't be comfortable doing this myself, perhaps one the guys that have worked with large motors/carts/robots will jump in.

It sounds definitely doable so i am interested. I can be contacted via email: nilton61@gmail.com

Hello CrossRoads,

Excuse the tardy response. I'm new to this forum, so didn't know you had replied as I was looking in the wrong place. Besides, I have been chained to the workbench trying to get these motors spinning.

I have 4 x 36 V power supplies powering the motors, tuned to 60V for each motor, (2x2 wired in series). I was assured that this arrangement and setup would be fine by the suppliers. So far there hasn't been a problem with the power, thankfully.

Though the problems with the controller I bought originally and the drives have been making up for it. Trying to get my head around the Arduino has opened another can of worms too.

Thanks for your thoughts; now I'm a bit worried that someone like yourself with over 28k posts on Arduino is a bit uncomfortable trying this......

I will let you know how I go.

I've just not worked with that kind of power on a project and would not be comfortable providing guidance sight unseen.

Neither have I. And yes, there have been quite a few uncomfortable moments so far for me. Probably more to come.

On a more positive note, I got the drives tuned a bit better yesterday and the motors working with the controller that was specified originally. It's is not very smooth, and very clunky to program.

I am very keen to see what the Arduino can do with the system.

Here's a link to one of the first test throws I did last night.

Cheers

DM