I don't see the Arduino Due in the store

Hello,

I am doing a project where I want to measure about 25 temperature points at once using thermocouples, as well as a light sensor with an output in mV. In order to have sufficient resolution on the Light sensor analog output, I need to go with a 12 bit option as opposed to an 8 bit option. To me, it looks like the Arduno Due is the best way to go. I can get a light sensor that stays within the 3.3V restriction.

I don't see the Arduino Due for sale in the Arduino store, and in other forum posts they haven't been to complimentary of the Arduino Due. Is there a reason I shouldn't buy one? I see them on ebay, adafruit, etc.

The due just doesn't have the support compared to other arduino boards, such as tutorials and libraries. Check out the teensy boards.

ericburgoyne:
In order to have sufficient resolution on the Light sensor analog output, I need to go with a 12 bit option as opposed to an 8 bit option.

And 12 bits is in fact the resolution of the UNO/ Nano/ Pro Mini ADC. Did you not know that?

You may have fallen for the XY problem. :grinning: Many people - such as myself - will not reply to queries with a title regarding the DUE because they see no value in using it. Most people wanting something more capable than a Mega 2560 will opt for a Raspberry Pi.

Paul__B:
Most people wanting something more capable than a Mega 2560 will opt for a Raspberry Pi.

Maybe even more so now you can write Arduino code for it (see here)

And 12 bits is in fact the resolution of the UNO/ Nano/ Pro Mini ADC. Did you not know that?

Um... 10 bits

Oops! :astonished:

Yes. 1024.

Not 8 bits anyway. Better to use an external ADC in any case.

Actually 12-bit

AVR121: Enhancing ADC resolution by oversampling