Sandsquid is an amazing new tool for finding and buying parts

Hey guys,

Normally me and my partner develop embedded stuff, but last year we had some idea to solve how annoying and slow electronic part ordering is, so we developed Sandsquid in our spare time.

Sandsquid does automated inventory scanning, price optimization and BOM aggregation. It can locate a list of parts and source it from the top 6 suppliers, while reducing overall costs by up to 15% in most cases.
Unlike Octopart and Findchips, it focuses more on complete BOMs and part assemblies and not so much on an single parts, so it's a complementary tool.

Some guys have been using it already with much success, and we thought we'd bring you the news too.

It's a side project we're developing for fun and for the benefit of the DIY community, so of course it's free.

We'd appreciate feedback, and please suggest any cool feature you might think of.

We'd appreciate feedback,

One post is sufficient.
Two smacks of spam.
We hate spam, and we hate spammers.

Duplicate post deleted.

My apologies, I didn't notice this forum until after I posted the other message.

Thanks for designing this; definitely could be of use to my projects.
The website's not loading though -- at least at this moment.

Hey, thanks! All seems fine here, can you try reloading the page and let me know if that works for you?

if i want a single component, do I still need to type it in excel first?

a single item search field would add value! [item] [qty]

sometimes I need 123 same sensors

For the moment, yes, although in the next couple of weeks we'll address this with a "Quick Add" feature that would let you create BOMs inside the site.

other ideas:

• possible to split a BOM over x suppliers?
  • optimize costs versus speed - I needed it yesterday !!!!
  • search per country - would at least in europe be interesting as P&P differs a lot
  • free sample search
  • possible to split a BOM over x suppliers?

In fact, it is possible right now. If you click a part name, you see a list of the suppliers it may be sourced from; click one of the suppliers and you could request the part to only be sourced from that supplier ("Use only this supplier" at the bottom).

• optimize costs versus speed - I needed it yesterday !!!!

Already optimizing for speed first by only choosing parts that are in stock. We'll never send you to buy non-stocked parts; if a part is in back order with one of the suppliers, it is selected from another supplier, regardless of the cost.

• search per country - would at least in europe be interesting as P&P differs a lot

Yes this is a painful point. We're still thinking about how to solve it. One idea is to incorporate European suppliers as well, another one is to factor shipping cost in total... we'll see.

• free sample search

How is this done?