Go Down

Topic: Genuino Brand (Read 40427 times) previous topic - next topic

artisticforge

@artisticforge

<snip>

Your online persona gives off a very similar one to another user who had almost identical views "Adafruit" Are you two linked ? eg sock puppet etc. ? (honest question BTW)

There is only one of me. I have no idea who "Adafruit" maybe on this forums. I would assume that it would be someone associated with the adafruit web site and business.

Arduino still has not hit the bottom yet. Many retail stores just no longer carry Arduino products. Radio Shack retail store are basically gone. The Mircocenter.com retail stores sell Arduino clones and knockoffs.
Frys.com retail stores are not much better. Most are either Grove or SeeedStudio. I do have one Robotale board which is a poor Chinese clone.

I have been trying for several weeks to get an answer concerning the CTC-101 kit.
Thunderous silence is the response.

Intel has all but left the Arduino community. The Arduino 101 is End-of-Life. Edison and Galileo never had much of a following.

The Arduino Yun & Tian are both tainted boards given the involvement of Doghunter and Linino.
Those two board names should be killed off as soon as possible.

Replace with the Arduino Phoenix.

The recovery of Arduino is going to take a long long time.

Robin2

The recovery of Arduino is going to take a long long time.

Think of it as a great opportunity for you to help with the recovery.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ballscrewbob

Thanks Robin and well said.

There is enough negative in the world without adding to it.
I seek out tiny doses of good karma in here by doing just what you suggest.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

artisticforge

Think of it as a great opportunity for you to help with the recovery.

...R
I wish that were possible but it is not.
Soon i will be 65 yrs old and I am dying.
definitely closer to the grave than the cradle.

ballscrewbob

Dec 02, 2017, 03:29 pm Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 03:30 pm by ballscrewbob
I am sure Robin would loan you the Curmudgeon title for a while...
After all he has shown a marked sense of humour recently so I don't think he would miss it  :)

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Robin2

@artisticforge, I am already 65 years old and, like everyone else on the planet, I am dying one day at a time.

If you are in the unfortunate situation of dying more quickly that the rest of us at least you can be thankful that you will not be around to hear us say "I told you so" when we discover that the Arduino system is not as dead as you forecast.

On the other hand (to end on an upbeat note) it would only take you a few days to write a short tutorial about something that might be helpful for a newbie, and hopefully your life expectancy will extend that far.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ballscrewbob

Ha..I am younger than you R2..OK not in the grand scheme of things (5 years) but enough to call you old.

artisticforge

@artisticforge, I am already 65 years old and, like everyone else on the planet, I am dying one day at a time.

If you are in the unfortunate situation of dying more quickly that the rest of us at least you can be thankful that you will not be around to hear us say "I told you so" when we discover that the Arduino system is not as dead as you forecast.

On the other hand (to end on an upbeat note) it would only take you a few days to write a short tutorial about something that might be helpful for a newbie, and hopefully your life expectancy will extend that far.

...R
It is sad that you find another person dying so amusing and something to joke about.

Robin2

It is sad that you find another person dying so amusing and something to joke about.
It is your choice between feeling sorry for yourself or deciding to enjoy life.

I certainly won't be in the least bit bothered if I die. I came to terms with that very many years ago.

...R

Go Up