Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno Wi-Fi (Read 694 times) previous topic - next topic

briantstevanus

Hi, I have a research using arduino uno wi-fi. I would like to see example code for sending data to server. Where can I find those example? I need to know, what library that I should use and proper example. Please help me :) Thanks

p.s. If you guys have other suggestion about how should I send my data to server, please tell me too :D

Juraj

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Robin2

Hi, I have a research using arduino uno wi-fi.
I thought it had become SOP for researchers to ask Google. He knows everything.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

briantstevanus

briantstevanus

I thought it had become SOP for researchers to ask Google. He knows everything.

...R
Hehe, it always a good thought to ask in forum like this when you got stuck, not every information or knowledge you could find only by search it through google right?

for example, I got this, still no example code for web client server,
https://github.com/arduino-libraries/UnoWiFi-Developer-Edition-Lib

then Juraj came with his/her link :D Thanks Juraj, really helpful.

Juraj

Dec 30, 2017, 12:56 pm Last Edit: Dec 30, 2017, 01:01 pm by Juraj
then Juraj came with his/her link :D Thanks Juraj, really helpful.
off topic: Juraj is Slavic version of name George. Russian version is Jurij like Jurij Gagarin
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

briantstevanus

off topic: Juraj is Slavic version of name George. Russian version is Jurij like Jurij Gagarin
Pardon me :D Thanks George.

Robin2

Dec 30, 2017, 03:55 pm Last Edit: Dec 30, 2017, 03:56 pm by Robin2
Hehe, it always a good thought to ask in forum like this when you got stuck,
Indeed it is. But your Original Post did not give any indication that you had exhausted your Googling or why the stuff you found with Google is unsuitable.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Juraj

In Uno WiFi case everything changed Nov 17 when I published the Serial1 library for Uno WiFi. With Serial1 the Uno WiFi is simply an Uno with ESP8266 connected on Serial1. Until then it was 'weird wiring', many questions, few answers. In a month Google doesn't catch-up and shows one year old obsolete informations.

Robin2

Dec 30, 2017, 06:09 pm Last Edit: Dec 30, 2017, 06:09 pm by Robin2
when I published the Serial1 library for Uno WiFi.
Where? Post a link.

With Serial1 the Uno WiFi is simply an Uno with ESP8266 connected on Serial1.
An Uno does not have a "Serial1". A Mega, Leonardo or Micro does.

...R

Juraj

Dec 30, 2017, 06:11 pm Last Edit: Dec 30, 2017, 06:20 pm by Juraj
Where? Post a link.
An Uno does not have a "Serial1". A Mega, Leonardo or Micro does.

...R
Library Manager and the link is in Replay #1

on Uno WiFi Serial1 is additional I2C UART.

and on regular Uno one can name SoftwareSerial a Serial1 like the WiFiEsp library examples do:

Code: [Select]

#if !defined(HAVE_HWSERIAL1)
#include "SoftwareSerial.h"
SoftwareSerial Serial1(6, 7); // RX, TX
#endif

Robin2

and on regular Uno one can name SoftwareSerial a Serial1 like the WiFiEsp library examples do:
Just because you can does not mean it is a good idea. IMHO it is just confusing.

...R

Go Up