Go Down

Topic: Windows stop seeing UNO (Read 121 times) previous topic - next topic

PapaEco

Windows suddenly stoped seeing UNO board... everything was ok and running well... I turned off UNO and when I tried to turn it on again Windows just won't see the UNO anymore. Green led goes on. Tried different USB ports . Tried different computer. Tried different cable. No one sees UNO. Please help!!!

ballscrewbob

Do you have anything connected to pins 0 & 1 ?
If so remove whatever it is and try again.

Which windows ?
which type of USB port ? (USB 3.0 has been known to cause some issues)
Did you try another lead ?
How are you powering the board ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

PapaEco

Do you have anything connected to pins 0 & 1 ?
If so remove whatever it is and try again.
no... board has nothing connected to it at this moment

Which windows ?
Windows 7, but I also tried to connect it to a Windows 10 laptop and nothing...

which type of USB port ? (USB 3.0 has been known to cause some issues)
USB 2.0 on win7 and USB 3.0 on win10

Did you try another lead ?
Sorry, I'm not sure of what you're asking... If it is a diferent cable to connect UNO to computer, the answer is yes...

How are you powering the board ?
USB cable until failure. After that I tried to power with 9V external font AND USB...

I forgot to mention that I was using a CNC shield attached to the board. As I said previously, now the board has nothing connect to it and still does not work.

ballscrewbob

The "forgot to mention" item could be the key.

Did you supply the CNC shield with its own power ?
Trying to run one of those without its own supply could give the potential for a board failure.
There are a plethora of CNC shields and some may require a jumper or track cut for the external power.

Other than that you seem to have done everything correctly.

USB 3.0 ports have a mixed success rate with Arduinos so if you must use USB 3.0 try to use a POWERED USB 2.0 hub between the computer and the Arduino. It has been know to fix the USB 3.0 problem.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

PapaEco

The "forgot to mention" item could be the key.

Did you supply the CNC shield with its own power ?
Trying to run one of those without its own supply could give the potential for a board failure.
There are a plethora of CNC shields and some may require a jumper or track cut for the external power.

Other than that you seem to have done everything correctly.

USB 3.0 ports have a mixed success rate with Arduinos so if you must use USB 3.0 try to use a POWERED USB 2.0 hub between the computer and the Arduino. It has been know to fix the USB 3.0 problem.

Yes,,,the shield was supplyed with its own 12VDC... what bugs me is that everything had beeing working fine until I turned it off for the night... next morning it just did not work...

Thank you for your time and help anyways...

Go Up