Need some help for a science project.

Fritzing will also be useful when you hand the project in. You can print them out and use them in your report, or on your presentation boards or ppt shows.

It's easy to use- there's a library of standard stuff including what you need: breadboard, servos, batteries, wire etc.

But if you're pushed for time, draw the circuit on paper and take a pic of that to post.

Here ya go. Multiple Servo Setup

According to that I think you have the power to the servo back to front.... looks to me like red power to servo black and black power to servo red?

And you have the control on pin 13.... make sure that pin is one of the ones used in the sketch

Well I'll be heading to bed now. Thanks for all the help, and I will start fixing my mistakes tomorrow. XD

When I flipped the power connections to a servo, it destroyed it. Bear that in mind once you have it correct and it still doesn't work.

wildbill:
Bear that in mind once you have it correct and it still doesn't work.

Unless of course (as I hope) it was a Fritzing transcription error not an actual error....

Is six batteries too much power for the servo motor? I'm using 6 lithium ion batteries instead of 4 AA's in the tutorial.

You need to be more specific than that with a question: what voltage do the servos require?- usually 4.8 to 6V but check the maker's specification sheet. Then what voltage do those batteries provide... then you can answer your question yourself. I hope you have a meter, and can check the voltage of the batteries? If not, you really really need one for this kind of work

The word "power" has a specific meaning and is volts x current (amps), although I suspect you mean volts. As long as the current the battery can supply is more than the motors require, and the voltage is in the range required, you should be ok.

Battery provides too high a voltage and boom.
Battery provides too low a voltage and probably motor wont work.
Battery provides too low a current and I'm not sure... might damage the battery by trying to draw too much, dunno
Battery provides too high a current, no problem because devices only draw what they need.

It says here that its 1.5v. http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf

Yes but you have them in a holder thingy according to your photo-1 from the other day. That will connect them + to - inside the holder, known as "in series" and the voltages add up. So that thing will be putting our 6 x 1.5 = 9v nominal.

It may even be more, if those fresh batteries are more than 1.5 out of the packet. So yeah, you may well be putting too many V's into the motor.

Me and a friend were discussing this at school, and he told me that the servo might have died. Should I just use 4?

You need to answer that question yourself by looking at the maker's spec sheet and providing whatever voltage it says there.

Do you have a multi-meter?

No. I can't get one either, because my mom doesn't want to buy anymore things for my science project.

That's a shame... suggest to her that every home should have one anyway, and it'll be a home item not a science item. 8)

Btw, your Fritzing diagram the other day showed you had the power hooked up with + and - reversed... I hope that was a mere Fritzing error not a real error? I've never hooked a servo up with the polarity reversed, but I suspect it's bad for it.

Alright. I'll keep that in mind.

So I tried to do sweep with my Uno, and it decided that it does not want to work anymore, so now I have to do a completely different science project.

I also have an extra that I haven't touched at all and that isn't working either.

Aw... Sorry to hear that. Don't drop Arduino now you've picked it up though...

Nevermind. It was a false alarm. :roll_eyes:

However, one of them did die on me. Whenever I plug the USB in, the green LED turns on and then immediately turns off.