Go Down

Topic: Issue with QT + Arduino Leonardo (Read 173 times) previous topic - next topic

Ryuk

Hello All,

Problem: Issue with communication using Arduino Leonardo and Qt

Description: I have a program in Qt which communicate and send serial data to my Leonardo and
prints the response. My issue is that i when i upload the program to leonardo and try sending the data, using my qt program the value is being sent to my leonardo but i don't get any response. For that i have to open the serial the monitor of arduino ide and send the data. After that my program is able to communicate with the arduino. Also when
i remove the Unplug leonardo from my pc and connect again the same issue occurs and i have to repeat the above mentioned process to initiate the communication.

At first i thought it was qt program related issue because i was able to send the data using python and serial monitor software.But when i tried to run the same program using arduino UNO i did not get issues and the program works fine.

I tried some of the approach mentioned in the forum to delay sending the data once we open the port but was of no use for me.

Ryuk

Got the stuffs working:

When leonardo is disconnected and reconnected always close and reopen the port once the program
gets loaded.
And also flow has to set as HardwareFlowControl only.

Please Note: The above steps been observed while communicating arduino leonardo with Qt

Go Up