New alarm clock version on Phi-2 shield with 20X4 LCD! Lots of display estate!

After some initial testing I decided to up the ante on the phi-2 shield display area and released this variant:

My phi_prompt library is better utilized on this larger display. Here's my alarm clock version 4 on the shield:

The project code conforms to the size of the display (16X2, or 20*4), just set the #define to your display size.

The project code is on this page: (in the middle)

Now a lot more projects can be better done on this shield. I will still be offering the variant with 16X2 displays since most projects can be accommodated with 16X2 display.

Looks very good, will they be available in Europe too?

wrt the application: I wonder why you have to set the day of the week when you have set the year, month and day allready?

Rob

Rob,

Thank you! Yes, I can ship to Europe. Here is a link to the shield:

http://www.inmojo.com/store/liudr-arduino-and-physics-gadgets/item/phi-2-interactive-arduino-shield-2004/

Regarding the day of the week, I don't really know if the DS1307 can figure out day of the week from yy/mm/dd. I'll check the docs but I suspect the DOW is just a counter that increments when hour counter overflows.

BTW, I have a GPS unit right below the display but I've not connected the GPS unit to the shield yet. I suppose I can also enable time zone according to GPS. Will read up on that first. I don't know how difficult it is to do that though as the time zones are not all straight :slight_smile: