Go Down

Topic: Connect Arduino UNO to 3 Digit, 7 Segment, 12 Pins Display (Read 9369 times) previous topic - next topic

raschemmel

Mar 16, 2014, 06:55 am Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 07:04 am by raschemmel Reason: 1
this has 12 pins
Does KPT-4301 ring any bells ? (see attached pdf)
https://www.google.com/#q=KPT-4301   (GOOGLE)
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

floresta

Let's try the Google explanation again with some more details.

The technique varies as Google changes it's interface along with the phase of the moon, and it may be different in other countries, but right now, in the US, here is how to proceed.

(1) Search for the term 3 digit 7 segment display with 12 pins.

(2) When the results come back don't look at any of them yet.  Instead, first limit the search to images.   There are several initial 'Search tools' that appear under the search window and 'Images' is one of them.   That does a pretty good job of sorting things out.

(3) When looking for data sheets a good way to get rid of some more of the junk is to limit the color to 'Black and White'.  If 'Color' is not one of the current search tools then click the 'Search Tools' button and 'Color' should appear as one of the new tools.  When you click 'color' then 'Black and White' should appear as an option.

I get slightly different results each time I do this.  Somehow I'm now getting some 4 digit displays first.

Don

raschemmel

So this is your explanation for why I was able to find the pinout for the OPs display using Google after you tried and couldn't ?
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

floresta

Mar 16, 2014, 08:24 pm Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 08:26 pm by floresta Reason: 1

So this is your explanation for why I was able to find the pinout for the OPs display using Google after you tried and couldn't ?

Not at all.

What makes you think that I was unable to find the pinout for his specific display?
What makes you think that I even tried to do so (which I didn't).
Where did I say that there was something that I couldn't find?

In the second part of reply #8 I did explain, in general terms, how I go about finding pinouts for generic devices such as 7-segment displays.

When he said that it didn't work for him I responded (in reply #16) with some more specific instructions.

Don

vellu

In SevSeg_Counter.ino I have edited:
Code: [Select]
sevseg.Begin(1,10,11,12,13,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9);
the first number is for anode (1) or cathode (0)
the following four numbers are for the 4 digits. I have only three, so I left digital pin 10 on my arduino unconnected.
and the last 8 numbers are for the digital pins for the Segments (a-g and dp)
When I run the program, it counts up to 100, but I only see the counting up to 10, because I have only three digits.
Hello!
I'm trying to get my 3 digit 7 segment display working with your instructions. Now my screen "counts" by randomly blinking all segments.. You have that part where you edited SevSeg_counter with that line. Where did you put it exactly?

Go Up