Slow continuous servo

I've never done anything with servos before. I was wondering what to look for for what i want to do. I just need a motor that can spin continuously, but to a precise degree at all times. It need to always go in one direction though, not reverse to get back to original position. The power of it would only need to be very minimal, and it would be going quite slow. What sort of things should I be looking for to do this?

thanks

Stepper.
Depends on how much holding force you need though.
Continuous "servo" is not suitable.

Holding force?

It will always have the same resistance both ways, if thats what you mean. Basically a rotating wheel, but that wheel doesnt do anything but rotate slowly. No resistance other than to get momentum to rotate. And very very slowely at that.

Holding force is needed if the load is not balanced, but if all you want to do is turn a disc (which is probably balanced) it can be ignored.

Stepper or clockwork.

Doh! $20? Is that a common price for them? Do I need to worry about the number of phases or inductance?

also, do I need anything fancy to drive the stepper, or could I do it with just the atmega328 since Ill be doing such low power stuff?