UTFT Display Issue

I have purchased a ITDB02-3.2WD display & associated mega shield from iteadstudio, downloaded the libraries from http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=51 & had the screen displaying text at startup.

I want to display a bitmap (converted JPG) & have converted the file at the http://henningkarlsen.com website, I have placed the file (Lizard.c) in the code folder. The code compiles ok but when I try & load it I get the following error message.

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x06d4
0x14 != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

If I comment out my bitmap in the void setup section & un-comment the //myGLCD.drawBitmap (0, 0, 64, 64, tux, 2); bitmap the code loads & displays the image.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is causing the problem.

I have tried converting a couple of similar jpg files & using them but I get a similar message each time.

My code is all working except when I try & display my bitmaps, obviously I have not included all of the code.

#include <IRremote.h>
#include <IRremoteInt.h>
#include <Wire.h> // For I2C
#include <EEPROM.h> // We will use the eeprom to store values
#include <memorysaver.h> // Disables other screen chip information & savers memory space/ Didn't do anything?

// CONSTANT DEFINITION

#include <UTFT.h>
//#include <Arial_bold_14.h>
#include <AVR/pgmspace.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t SmallFont[];
extern uint8_t BigFont[];

extern uint8_t Sinclair_S[];
extern uint8_t DotMatrix_M[];
extern uint8_t Shruti_Bold_num_48x70[];

extern unsigned int Lizard[9455];

#define B 0xFF  // The character for a completely filled box
#define A 0x20  // The character for blank

UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32WD,38,39,40,41);

#define RECV_PIN  12  // IR Receiver pin
#define Relay1 	  5  // Mains Relay
#define Relay2 	 11  // Amps Relay
#define Relay3	  9  // Cross Over Relay
#define RemoteLED 3  // Remote LED Flashes when Signal Received
#define RECV_Power 13 // To Power IR Reciever using Mega Test Platform

#define ON 1
#define OFF 0

#define CentreButtonCode 2011281932 // Power On & Off
#define MenuButtonCode   2011250700 // Sleep Function, 15min, 30min, 45min & reset
#define UpButtonCode     2011287564 // Volume Up
#define DownButtonCode   2011279372 // Volume Down
#define RightButtonCode  2011291660 // Source selection cycles through 4 inputs 
//#define potPin A0 // define the analog pin, pin A0 in this case

//int val = 0; // variable to store the value coming from the potentiometer
//int volumeToDisplay; // variable to store the volume to be displayed

const int motor1Pin = 10;   // H-bridge leg 1 (pin 2, 1A)
const int motor2Pin = 6;    // H-bridge leg 2 (pin 7, 2A)
const int enablePin = 4;    // H-bridge enable pin

int selectionPin1 = 7;    // Selection Pin 1 = B0 or 6 Pin on TP I/O Connector
int selectionPin2 = 8;    // Selection Pin 2 = B1 or 8 Pin on TP I/O Connector

int TurnOffDACXODelay = 2000;  // turn DAC and Xover off after 2 seconds

unsigned long NoSleepDelay = 0;
unsigned long DelayIncrement = 900000;
unsigned long MaxDelay = 2700000;

unsigned long Timer = 0;             // Setting up Timer On
unsigned long MotorRunTime = 700;    // the amount of time we want to run the motor for volume when the button pressed
unsigned long EnablePinTime = 50;    // time after motor turned off that we can disable the pin.
unsigned long LastMotorButton = 0;   // so we know which was the last motor code pressed.

unsigned long DelayRequired = 0;     // current delay selected (or cycled through)
unsigned long TurnOffWhenReached = 0;  // will hold the time at which the Sleep action is initiated.

// Create values for 'storing' states
int centreButtonState;

IRrecv irrecv(RECV_PIN);
decode_results results;

// Setup & Configuration 
void setup()
{   
  myGLCD.InitLCD();
  myGLCD.clrScr();
  myGLCD.setBackColor(0, 0, 0);

myGLCD.setFont(BigFont);
  myGLCD.setColor(255, 255, 0);
  myGLCD.print("L I Z A R D", CENTER, 50);

delay(4000);

myGLCD.clrScr();

myGLCD.fillScr(255, 255, 255);

myGLCD.drawBitmap(1, 1, 155, 61, Lizard);

//myGLCD.drawBitmap (0, 0, 64, 64, tux, 2);

delay(4000);

myGLCD.clrScr();

I have made some progress, I saved the file as a png rather than a jpg & converted the file, which I did get to load & display but it did not display properly, still needs some work.

Thought I was going forward turned out I'm going backwards, the file that loaded last night wont load today.

I have tried converting PNG, JPG & Bitmaps but keep getting the same error. Any help would be more than welcome.

Error

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x06d4
0xf3 != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

It appears the UTFT doesn't like images exported from CorelDraw no matter what file type you export them as. They will convert & they will compile but they wont load.

I printed the image I wanted, took a photo of it, reduced it's size, converted, compiled, loaded & displayed it, bit of a pain really.

If anyone can tell me why I would greatly appreciate it as I do want to use some images I have created in CorelDraw.

I notice that you have

#include <memorysaver.h> // Disables other screen chip information & savers memory space/ Didn't do anything?

In your main sketch.

memorysaver.h is actually called by UTFT.cpp and it does not need to be included anywhere else. What you do need to do is edit memorysaver.h and follow the instructions included i.e.

Uncomment the lines for the displaycontrollers that you don't use

You should see a significant reduction in memory usage.

I have had no problems in creating files in Photoshop and saving them as a JPG, converting them using the supplied software, and using them in a sketch. Maybe there is a problem with the CorelDraw format - can you create what you need in CorelDraw and then load this file into another graphic program and save it from there??

Cheers